2023 Superbowl

I read the 2023 Superbowl will be available in 4k from FOX. Does anyone know if it will be transmitted OTA in 4k using the ATSC 3.0 channel?
Currently I don't get proper audio from Channels DVR app on the FOX ATSC3.0 station, so I will likely need to find another way to watch in 4k. My Sony TV with a ATSC 3.0 tuner seems to handle everything properly so I hope it is available OTA, otherwise I may need to look for another source.

No one is broadcasting 4k over atsc 3 right now.

4k will be available from the fox sports app, and providers like FIOS via cable card that have 4K channels.

TVE will not be in 4K.

3 Likes

With the ESPN+ container and fox credentials, you can watch it in 4K on channels.

A bunch of us watched the World Cup in 4K in channels.

1 Like

Speaking of football what a difference watching Football on Peacock VS OTA black colors are truly black and picture is very sharp.

2 Likes

It's not clear if it was better on Peacock or OTA. I'm guessing OTA should always be better.

1 Like

I think decoders have more problems decoding MPEG2 correctly....

Oh so you mean Peacock was actually better than OTA? :hushed:

Yes when watching with Channels DVR OTA the blacks are not as pure black as watching on the Peacock Streaming APP.

Wow, that's interesting and good to know. Thank you for confirming. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the information. Maybe someday I will see 4k on atsc 3 or maybe OTA will become completely obsolete for high end programming.

OTA is becoming obsolete for high end programming they show 1 episode to tease you then they resume on Streaming apps.