4.1.0.beta-v212220029 crashing immediately Shield TV

The latest Beta (4.1.0.beta-v212220029) is crashing on my Shield TV right when opening. I moved Channels from the external SSD to the internal storage and still the same thing. I have rebooted and no change.

Fix is coming in v212220154

1 Like

How do I switch back to the non beta version?

If you joined the beta via Google Play, you can only revert by leaving the beta program.

(You are better served by using the link in the Settings > Support menu on your client to get beta versions. You will need to manually update, but you can keep both versions in this way. Some devices do require developer access before allowing apps to install extra apps, so just beware.)

How do I leave the beta program. I can not even open the app

See the link on getchannels.com/beta

I think you can also go into android settings and uninstall updates

I have uninstalled the app. When I go to the play store, the only choice I have to install is the beta version.

P.S. This is on a ShieldTV

There is a button on http://getchannels.com/beta with a link to the play store. Beta access is managed on the play store site

I left the Beta Test Program but I still can not get the public version of the app.

To switch to the public version:

1. Uninstall the testing version
  2. Reinstall the public version on Google Play

Note: It can take up to a few hours before you can download the app's public version.

Can I just download the APK from somewhere?

If you search in the Google Play store for "Channels", you should have three items available for you. Select one of them, navigate up once from the open/or update button for the info and select that. That should tell you the version to install. I see both 4.0.1 and 4.1.0.beta-v212220154 (which I will note is crashing also).

v0237 just went up with the crash fix. I did a clean build to ensure it works so it took a bit longer.

Sweet! Will give it a try when it is available to install from the Google Play store.

I was able to get a copy of the apk and side load it.