A&E Live TV

No they listened to my petition :grinning:.

I cannot get the new channels to show on android or android tv under my favorites.
Channels show up on IOS and in the online guide under favorites as expected.

1 Like

Favs are not currently sync'd. Try going to Settings > Tuners and click Scan Network, then find the channels under the TVE source and favoriting them.

Tried that as well. Toggled fav off and on and nothing.

Tried restarting DVR and app and shield.

Do you have to use Xfinity TVE on your home network for it to work? I have TVE with my local cable provider but was wondering if I could fill in a couple channels my provider is missing using my brothers Xfinity credentials.

It will work.

1 Like

Nope. TVE is a separate thing than Xfinity Stream site or app that limits some content and networks to that "In Home" only junk.

I my self, use Xfinity login i made a separate user on my Grandparents account, who love 20 miles north of me..since they still have cable service. I use that to supplement the channels that Philo gives me that I pay for.

1 Like

Good to know, thank you!

It is great that you could find this @JayfromtheBay92 when I look on aetv page I don't see live option :frowning:

It was embedded in their schedule. Watch online button.

Interesting its working with Xfinity but not with DirectTV or Sling. DirectTV comes back as not authorized and Sling says login not supported... What is really odd about this is that I can use my DirecTV credentials at the site above (https://play.history.com/live) and it works... Either way though very cool to see progress as this was one of my last issues...

Sling has poor TVE support.

I used directv credentials and it works

Wow. I was away for the forum for a bit. Excellent news!

I’ve found a couple more cancels that offer live TV Everywhere streaming.

POP Channel

Discovery Family (on their iOS app)
http://www.discoveryfamilychannel.com/discoveryfamilygo/

Any chance these could be added? They work with my DirecTV login.

Pop TV has a malformed stream that doesn't work well with Channels, so it was removed. (It was part of TVE when it first launched.)

Discovery Family doesn't have the stream on the website, so it's not able to be added.

What do you mean it was malformed? Maybe it’s fixed now? Every once in a while they have good shows like House.

1 Like

There was a problem with the audio stream. It occasionally worked, but more often than not it wouldn't stream properly. @eric wasn't able to get it working satisfactorily, so the channel was removed.

If Pop TV is important to you, you can still use their app or website.

Ok thanks. I love using Channels. This app is perfect. I get Most of my DirecTV channels with no dish or receivers. And best of all I can keep the recordings if I want. The UI is great too on my AppleTVs. Use it on my Synology NAS. Even my 66 year old mother finds it easy to use.

Pop TV changed how their feed worked and split out the audio from the video feed. It would require a lot of work for us to handle it, and they're the only ones who have done this, so it's been hard to prioritize this hard work just for one channel.

We hope to get to it eventually, but there are a lot of other things that have taken a priority.

3 Likes

So you are saying they are essentially broadcast two streams one with audio and one with video?

@nhryniewicki You must have some polish roots :slight_smile: