A few last questions

4th Gen and older ATSC tuners could also be switched to a cable mode, where they could also receive ClearQAM (unencrypted) cable feeds. The Prime can also receive ClearQAM cable without a CableCARD.

I didn't realize they removed ClearQAM tuners from the current Connect ATSC devices.

In my setup, I had Frontier Fios with the ONT box on the outside of my house. I only ran ethernet from the ONT box to my router inside, then from there I used a MoCA 2.0 ethernet to coax adapter (Actiontec Bonded MoCA 2.0 Ethernet to Coax Adapter (ECB6200S02) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013J7OBUU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_bmXRDPw81pOJP) to get the coax connection needed for my Homerun Prime coax input for the cablecard. The “Coax In” on the MoCA box isn’t needed in this setup, just plug the “Ethernet” port in to your network and the “TV/STB Out” with a coax cable to your HD Prime box. It is possible to get away without running coax from the outside box through your house.

2 Likes

Those are great I have 2 of them ... all my Tuners nas's etc are in the basement with Moca upstairs connected to my Synology Router for wired and none wired connections. My XFINITY modem is in bridge mode.

@tmm1 I read that the HDHomeRun tuners don't support 4k. Is this incorrect? I also have FiOS and while there isn't much content now, there will be more in the future, so if I can stream/record that with Channels that would be amazing.

Some users are already recording 4K content via PRIME.