ABC TVE gone but works on abc.com

WPBF wasn’t working yesterday so today I forced a rescan and it’s gone from the lineup. Went to ABC Live Stream - ABC.com and it works fine.

You should post your TVE Provider ... it is working on xfinity.

Provider: Verizon

Same issue applies to South Florida and Pittsburgh ABC on Channels but work with same credentials on abc.com

To rescan Experimental Local Networks you have to toggle the check mark using a SECURE HTTPS connection.
Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 10-19-45 Channels Settings

it's the only way to force it, a warning appears otherwise, but the issue is the channel not a rescan.

Update to latest prerelease.

1 Like

thx, it works!

I noticed this week that a few shows scheduled to be recorded on ABC failed. Then I noticed that I was not able to watch it live in Channels.

After that, I checked the lineup in my DirecTV source and saw the error "abcgo: 1037:Unable to retrieve required files for playback. Please try again in a few minutes."

After seeing this, I toggled the Local Networks option off and on and then rescanned. Now I'm getting an ABC TVE stream but it's not mine:

WCVB is the local ABC station from Boston, MA.
The reason for this is because my public IP address currently assigned to me by Comcast has me geolocated in Beverly, MA.

A couple of weeks ago, I had a similar problem with my NBC stream and that got resolved after I submitted a ticket to NBC. However, I never heard back from NBC.

I wanted to post these details in case somebody later searches for error 1037.

Hopefully that will help.

Now I will go ahead and submit a ticket to ABC and hope that they will fix the problem.
However, I don't really care too much because most of the shows I would record from ABC are national broadcasts so it doesn't really matter which local station provides the stream.

1 Like

I've been curious about what is used for the experimental local networks geo-location.
Perhaps using a mobile device (cell phone) browser on a cellular connection and accessing the DVR settings page to toggle the local networks checkbox would use the cell phone GPS location.

Don't recall anyone trying that.

2 Likes

Good idea. My cellular connection is bad at my house so I'll have to remember to try it when I go out.

Not for nothing, but i noticed a lot of the TVE local networks issues started when this URL changed to not show exact city anymore

That URL has been mentioned in passing by the devs before, so it's at least a clue as to what's "under the robe"

3 Likes

Update: I noticed last night that one recording from ABC failed with the same error 1037. This was with WCVB.

So I went back to abc.com to see what was going on and my original local feeds were back!

Then I went back to Channels and toggled the local option off and on, and rescanned. Sure enough, it's back to normal now.

The weirdest thing is that my IP address has not changed!

Very strange.

1 Like

Now my ABC is gone. Works on ABCgo. Using version 2023.07.06.1740. Both sources, Dish and Directv say the same thing: "abcgo: 1039:This station's live stream is not available through your TV Provider."

Is anyone having issues today getting ABC? I'm receiving the following message with on both my Hulu subscription and my Xfinity subscription via Channels DVR TVE.

abcgo: 1039:This station's live stream is not available through your TV Provider.

I've tried deleting and adding the providers back and still an issue.

Yes. Also discussed here: