ADBTuner: A "channel tuning" application for networked Google TV / Android TV devices

Did you get Fubo to work with ADB?

I sure did! Channel ID Follows the 3D at the end.

Cool, lll try it tonight.

Works great! Now I just have to get the guide date correct.

Thanks!

1 Like

Nice! I was definitely curious if it’d work in the US too!

I just tried Fubo remotely and it's not working. Probably sitting at the who's watching prompt.

Interesting. I haven't tried remote yet, just through Tailscale (but it was fine). I've been worried about that Who's Watching screen breaking everything though.

Apparently no way to disable that which is dumb when there is only one profile. I'll check it when I get home and report back.

Yes, Fubo was at the Profile Selection prompt.
Near the bottom of the screen there was an option to "Show this less often".
So, I did that. Probably will still show up, just not on the regular.

Oh good to know, I've never noticed that option before!

After testing with one encoder, now I'm leaning towards adding a second. I'm guessing that keeping the same Android device family is ideal for ADBTuner, but is it worth it to spring for the Fire Stick 4K MAX? I'm currently using the 2018.

No idea, I went with 3 Chromecast 4k's.
I figured it was likely to be compatible, and if this project is ever a bust, I can re-gift them.

Maybe Chromecasts are the better option, I do have one already too. The triple though, that would be nice! :thinking:

I wanted to post an update
Seems i was able to get the encoder working properly.
Bit Rate: 8500
Frames:60FPS
We ar eusing H264.k
ONN box with an HD signal
Audio is set to AAC 4800HZ at 128k
The encoder costs about $109 EX-vist
if you are looking to fill in missing channels from TVE, it will work.
I'm using Hulu Plus and Philo and a ton of other docker based services.
I want to tnak everyone for the help.

Glad you got it all sorted!

3 Likes

Gave up on Fubo. Keep landing on the who's watching prompt.

The docker solution is the best for now.
I am using the project to simply bring in stuff that isn't on TVE or that i have links that will do what we need.
I think once you get rid of that prompt you will be good.

Shoot! I haven't seen it since I hit the show less button. That is frustrating, especially as it's basically my only option here.

I downgraded my version of Chrome to 114 for now and that works perfectly.

For those of you using YouTube TV with ADBTuner, do you know if there’s a way to disable YTTV’s “skip commercial” button (not the one from Channels) that comes up occasionally? This is the button that skips you to their “moment of zen.” Since we can’t interact with the button, it could be confusing to guests (it confused me the first time, even though I knew the stream was coming from a device attached to an HDMI encoder).

The stream seems to be working however, Channels is reporting a lot of packet dorps.
I'm streaming in mpeg TS
60 FPS
Gop 30
bit rate 6000
I'm replacing the Ex-vist with the new J-tech hdmi encoder.
I'm unable to do HLS protocol with ADB tuner i've only got an m3u link
The Mpeg-ts has a usable link and the system seems to behave when i move it over to mpeg-ts.
Please advise.

1 Like