Add Source Local Now, Its Adding Live Streams of Local PBS

For PBS in 300 markets.... Can we add LocalNow as a source ??
Here is the link to the story:

Excerpts:
Cord-cutters everywhere will soon have a new way to access their local stations for free. PBS has announced a new partnership with Allen Media Group, which owns the free streaming service. The deal will bring live streams of local PBS stations from more than 300 markets across the United States to Local Now over the next few months., with the full launch to be completed in 2023.

1 Like

There is already an m3u out there (although it hasn't been updated in almost a year), so it can be added as a Custom source:

It seems like this seed could be built out similar to how Stirr deals with local stations. Looks like it is going to take sometime into 2023 until this theory can be tested, although there are some local stations now that it could be bumped out against. I would need a @matthuisman or @HankLloydRight type to weigh in.

1 Like

I tried that link and a few "LocalNow" items play nothing like Local channels, as the app does in ROKU etc.
Just some hope for those that mention PBS being unavailable due to DRM, I get my PBS via my HDHR.
At least the LocalNow APP will soon provide PBS for those out of antenna range.
Hopefully the Developers can look into this but not sure how Selections from within LocalNow app for station, movie, might be implemented.
Perhaps only a "Collection" of all the PBS stations only which could be pruned by users.

I tried playing the LocalNow app within Chrome and sniffed the m3u but it would not play in VLC.

1 Like