Adding local file shows previous day as OAD

I'm importing the Show Days of Our Lives into Channels which works fine. But the date always shows previous day of the show date. How does Channels determine the show date when it's imported.

Below is the mediainfo date that it shows.
General
Complete name : D:\Mama Days of our Lives\Days of our Lives\Season 59\Days of our Lives - S59E194 - Thursday, May 23, 2024.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID : mp42 (mp42/iso6)
File size : 2.22 GiB
Duration : 40 min 4 s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 7 930 kb/s
Frame rate : 29.970 FPS
Movie name : Days of our Lives (S59E194): Thursday, May 23, 2024
Encoded date : 2024-05-23 11:19:44 UTC
Tagged date : 2024-05-23 11:19:44 UTC
Comment : Eric demands that Sloan explain her recent behavior; Marlena realizes what is going on with Everett.

1 Like

That is showing what Channels thinks is the Original Air Date.

First question would be to check the date/time on the Channels server and then on the client you are using to view the web page. Do you also have a time zone set for a guide provider?

You can look at some more detail by clicking on that Options cog, using am import from my library for demonstration: (Edit: I pay for Peacock full no-ads so please don't get caught up on the greyness of pulling down a rip of the episode.)

Note the Tuesday, 02/13/2024 OAD:

Options > Edit Metadata:
Screenshot 2024-05-23 094859

Metadata shows a user-friendly view of what has been identified for that episode:

If you select the Options > View Details (right above the Edit Metadata choice):

See that File ID has an underline noting that it's a link to the full data:

So that's some homework to see what is being found and how it may be causing the OAD to be off.

Thank you for assistance. I'm on Windows 10 and my system date does show today 5/23/2024. Recordings does correct air date. But imports show previous day. Below is File id info. It appears to show the correct date.

Below are shows that were recorded on the same server and air dates show correct.

So I'm at a loss.

1 Like

Not sure where that date at the upper right comes from on an import.
On a recording, it's when it was recorded.
So most likely they're looking at the OAD and faking that it was recorded on the OAD.
You can see on this one it displays the OAD below the episode title, but the date in the upper right is 1 day before the OAD.

It appears it's looking at the OAD as 2022-12-22T00:00Z and subtracting the 8hr time difference since I'm Pacific time to get 2022-12-21T16:00-08:00

That makes sense if you're on Eastern time as it would subtract 5 hrs and say 7:00 PM.

CORRECTION: It's using Airing.Raw.startTime from the file json and converting it to your local timezone

On a normal recording, Airing.Raw.startTime is the time the airing starts according to the guide data.
It's usually always in UTC time, so Channels DVR adjusts it to display for your time zone.
It appears that when you import a video, Channels DVR looks it up in gracenote or tmdb to get the OAD and uses that for the Airing.Raw.startTime.

2 Likes