Advanced Pass AND / OR for conditions?

I haven't created many advanced passes, but I finally got around to creating a more complex one. I wanted to check for a particular topic in the both the show title and in the show summary so I could be sure something would tape if the topic was mentioned in either.

However, I found that the search conditions are AND and there is no option for OR. So when a program had the topic in the summary but not in the title, it didn't record.

Shouldn't there be a way to have the option of a condition with not just AND but also OR so that we can make sure nothing slips through cracks if we're trying to record shows with the topic?

Maybe it's already there but I'm not understanding how to invoke?

This isn't possible right now, you'd have to create multiple passes.

You can add multiple CONTAINS and those are ORd together.

Okay, good to know. Thanks.

I just tried a CONTAINS version and it seems to also to use AND not OR as you say.

This is what I'm referring to:

1 Like

Okay, that doesn't really work for me. I'll wait for you guys to add explicit "and" and "or" options for the conditions. I'm sure you will eventually :+1: Right now I can live with just using the summary and hoping they're accurate enough that nothing slips through.

I use CONTAINS and EXCLUDES a lot in my advanced passes, that's very convenient on a single field. :slightly_smiling_face:

I also wish there was a way to use OR with multiple fields in one pass, that would be great. :pray:

I can imagine it must not necessarily be an easy thing to code though.

I am grateful for what we have for now, this is great! :+1:

Since you resurrected this thread, I wanted to note that CONTAINS no longer works correctly for channel numbers. I had to go through all my passes where I had something like CONTAINS 22 and change them all to a specific channel like 22.1 or 22.2. It used to work, but there is a new bug.

@tmm1 should be aware of this. :wink: