Advanced Pass Title Contains "AND" Operator?

Is it possible to set a Title Contains condition for something like this?

California AND Volleyball

Such that it searches titles and any that contain both the word "Volleyball" and the word "California" are matched?

1 Like

I may be mistaken, but I believe CONTAINS rules are ANDed, while EXCLUDES rules are ORed. So two CONTAINS rules, one each for "California" and "Volleyball" ought to achieve your goal. Apparently I had it backwards. (After thinking about it and how some of my own rules are set up, I should have realized. Sorry for the noise.)

(I may be incorrect. However when editing a rule you can see which upcoming airings match your rule to verify.)

Edit: While my original point was wrong, the second is not. Play with your rule, and then check in real-time which recordings match as you edit it.

1 Like

Just the opposite

1 Like

Bummer!

Yeah, I've been trying. It's a tough nut to crack. Thanks.

I don't know if you've already gone down this path but, have you tried creating a team pass (or multiple team passes) using a Team ID? If you select a college for a team pass, you'll get all sports for that team, but you can add a title filter to limit it to volleyball. To create a team pass, search on volleyball and select a team. I don't know how to get a full list of teams, but individual teams that are in the guide will show up and football season starts soon so there are a lot of teams listed if you search on football.

This seems like a good idea, but I'm struggling to find the Team ID. Where would I look for that?

Doing a search will show what's in the current guide data.

Clicking one will show the Team ID in the browser URL

or create a team pass from it and look at the pass

1 Like