An easy way for Channels DVR to watch YouTube Live vids

In my experience, Kister Method URLs are entered as Custom Channels differently, via one URL, no TEXT file required. As mentioned in the first post, it can support multiple v=vid_id as well, by combining them with an &.

cool i’ll try that tonight thanks for quick replies and big help ….
i’ve tried on his site (or so i think) to get it to generate the m3u but no luck for me (using imac and the web based channels )

i have some time off coming up and i want to learn how to use it better along with multi view😁

That's what you see when Channels DVR gets disconnected from the source stream.
Happens with all sources, HDHR tuners. TVE and Custom M3U channels.

Ok so here’s my dilemma, when the live stream stops then on another day starts again (and I don’t know how these live channels work..aka same address or not).. today used recommendation url method. Yesterday fine. Today error but even if you click my link above you can se they are live right now… but in channels an error…hmmm, is this something I’m doing wrong or a YouTube thing where link changes?
Appreciate then extra time and input you all are doing trying to assist.

it's hard to tell which link above you mean- because as of right now some look live, but they're not.
@BigJetTV - none live
v=gONtw18mgcU - not live
@L.A.FLIGHTS - 1 live
v=ikVbalBKqUA - not live

It might be that Youtube is confusing about "Live". The author can put LIVE in the title, and have LIVE right in the video, but it's not really live. There are only really 2 ways I can think of to know if the video is really live using youtube's webpage:

1. the video will not have a start/end time - if you see it's 5 hours 33 minutes long (or whatever) it's not live, even if the title/background says it is.
  2. if you go to the streams page, you'll see a ((.)) LIVE symbol in the lower right instead of the total time of the video.

lmk if that's actually the issue, because I'd like to help you get it working if not.

2 Likes

Hmm I’ll have to study more, thank you for this

ok seems to be working a-ok, next test is when a stream not now active goes live again... beyond that is there a way to customize font / size ? of the text in the grid/show/channel?

Could someone pls pm me if they dont want to publish the method to retrieve the 4k version of a YouTube stream.
Thank you