Another recording priority question

Ive searched the forums but now there's so much data that it's hard to sort through.

Ive been using TVE (includes local networks) forever and have had passes all set up/working great.

I just added a HDHR-US so that I can watch a reduced-latency version of local channels if I prefer.

However, now some of the passes are using the HDHR to record -- but I want the TVE channel recorded just like it used to be.

So I found in the forum that the recording looks at the sources list from bottom-to-top. So I re-ordered my HDHR to be at the top of the list.

When I go into Passes, the show -> Find Airings, only the HDHR channels are shown.

What am I supposed to do to make the recordings prefer TVE ?

You can set your passes to channel > 6000

Not all TVE Channels are Identified as HD and Channels DVR prefers HD.

As far as I can tell, you can set one to "Favorite" and one not.

Not sure where you found that, but untrue.
The source at the top is higher priority.
In my case Xfinity TVE is higher priority

1 Like

I was searching a lot and read dozens of posts, I dont remember where I saw it- But I put it back so that my TVE is at the top of the list. thanks

That's a pretty good hack for now. Do you know if I can set this as the default so that I dont need to use the dvr settings gui when someone else in the family sets up a new pass?

No way you have to use advance passes.

No, there isn't a setting for that. But, keeping the TVE source at the top of the web UI in the DVR will ensure that recordings are preferred from TVE.

They've setup some pretty good docuentation on their website
How does the DVR pick which tuner to use to make a recording?

Favorites do trump the source order, so you may want to double check that you don’t have any channels favorited on the HDHomeRun.

1 Like

I actually think the problem is much more simple than I was thinking.

I've lost FOX on my Xfinity TVE. So the only FOX that was available just so happened to be on the hdhomerun that I installed (almost perfect timing).

I think that's the only reason I was recording from hdhomerun instead of tve, even though tve had the higher priority.

1 Like