Audio is randomly freezing for a few seconds on a few Philo Channels

I use 4K Firesticks with my Channels DVR. All of my OTA channels and most of my Philo Channels are playing just fine. However, over the past week, I've noticed random audio freezes on a couple of Philo channels. These include Sundance, BBC America, and IFC. When playing those channels, it will keep reoccurring every 5-10 seconds are so. What can I do to trouble shoot this problem on those networks? Thanks.

Scott

This is a known issue with those channels this week. The same thing happens in the IFC and Sundance apps.

See Sound cycles off/on - Sundance TVE

Thanks. At least, I now realize I am not the only one with this issue. Hopefully, they will get it fixed soon.

I'm seeing this same problem on Sundance and IFC from Philo this week. 2/14. I'm new to channels so I don't know if this is intermittant or permanent? It streams fine from Philo app. Also tested it with 2 different servers and 2 different clients (IOS, Android).

Regards,
Mark

The TVE streams don't actually come from Philo. The streams are coming from the networks' websites directly.

Also of note, Sundance and IFC are both AMC Networks channels, meaning they probably have the same source. You'll probably also discover the same issue with streams from other AMC channels, like AMC, BBC America, and WeTV.

Got it. Seems like this happens a lot with the AMC channels and they don't do much. I saw it more prevalent with IFC and Sundance but a little less with AMC but.

Does Philo get it's feed elsewhere? or does it use VOD content? It doesn't seem to have the issue.

-m

Most streaming apps seem to have their own sources of the content. Whether they are sourced from the same feed as the networks' websites (and therefore, Channels' TVE feeds), or whether there is some adaptive multi-bitrate source (à la Netflix) that they are using, who knows.

The real point when troubleshooting TVE feeds is that you cannot use an app to see if the problem is consistent, or related to Channels. You need to check on the network's website, because that is the source that Channels uses. If the problem is present there, then there isn't much that can be done on Channels' end.

Also, a problem with one feed from a particular family of networks will usually appear in other channels owned by the same parent. For example, IFC and Sundance are both owned by AMC in your case. Another situation might be issues on History and Lifetime, both of which are owned by A+E Networks. (I frequently experience little jumps in the video needing to catch up to the audio on those channels; for the most part, the issue is the stream coming in to Channels.)