Authentication Failed

Oh I whole hearted agree with that!

Are we forgetting that:

1. TV Everywhere is labeled "experimental"
  2. Some stations are encrypting their channels (probably all will eventually).
  3. ChannelsDVR did not charge extra for this feature.

Thay spend more time with Chrome Capture and HDMI Capture than they do with addressing the problems posted above ... experimental or not it is the only feature that keeps me using Channels DVR. If I was in the same boat that the above users, are I would cancel without looking back.

I do not have a problem with TVE but feel for the users that appears to them that no one cares.

@Edwin_Perez
Just what exactly do you suggest the developers do about DRM's?

TV Everywhere will work based on the provider being used.
I'm using Philo and as a general rule, I use Philo to watch my content.
I have put FRNDLY online to bring in stuff that isn't on TVE plsu I have Tugotv for nice access toMLB
I'm using Hulu plus live tv for networks plus planning to add ADB tuner stuff for missing stuff.
Channels is still worth my while here.
I'm using MLB tv plus pluto plus the other free services.
I'm waiting for my HDMI video encoder to arrive so as to get ADB tuner set up.

You seem to miss the Point of the OP they are saying they are unable to authenticate at all ... DRM has only affected a few channels. I went from 184 to 172 with DRM.

1 Like

Let me be honest, TVE is where they makes this program “worth it” why else would you pay for this unless you are using it to record and have a guide?

I guess if you’re using an antenna but I don’t see many other use cases….

DirecTV's backend authentication is wonky at times.

A few things that I have found helpful when troubleshooting auth issues:

1. In a private/incognito tab log in to a TVE site using your credentials and ensure that it works there first
  2. Make sure you are accessing your DVR server via HTTPS; most (all?) browsers do not support location services without an encrypted session, and some of those location checks can hamper TVE authentication in Channels
  3. Create a separate/secondary login for your DirecTV account and use that for TVE within Channels
1 Like

Don't know what the users having issues are running Channels DVR on, or what version Chrome.
I had problems with TVE on two Synology NAS's running the Channels DVR Synology package (which uses Chrome v97). When I moved them to running in Docker Containers (which uses Chrome v109) my issues went away. So I know the Chrome version plays a big part in TVE auth.

I still (rarely) see it failing authentication when starting a scheduled recording, but then viewing that channel live will reauthenticate it. So the authentication flow must be different when adding a channel vs. recording a channel vs. viewing the channel live.

I also previously had an issue for over a week where I could not install TVE for Xfinity.

1 Like

This most likely is the case.
My Chrome version is always up to date. I have never had authentication issues.

I believe Channels is the only DVR that does TVE. For all of the other DVR software, the use case is antenna, cable, and satellite. And while you may believe that TVE is the only reason to use Channels, many others find that its function as a traditional DVR to be more than sufficient and superior to the myriad other DVRs out there.

Getting back on topic: have you successfully authenticated in a private/incognito tab with your DirecTV credentials on a participating site? Because if you are having issues with that, then there isn't anything Channels can do to help, and you need to get that working with DorrcTV first.

I can log in everywhere except through channels, which makes this frustrating.

In response to the first part, it is to my understanding that you need to purchase additional hardware to use such a setup. I do not see how a yearly fee and extra hardware are superior to my DVR with DirecTV.

Regardless, I bought this for TVE integration and to be able to watch no matter where I am in the world. Thus, this is not working, and that is why I am on here. Also, a major sidenote I have gotten more help and responses from the lot of y'all than from "official support," and that should be telling as well

And I'm running on the Syno package with Xfinity and nary an issue...

So I am trying the docker way but can not find the TVE image, so that's a bust as well

What is your platform where you are running Channels Server?

I am using synology, I previously was using their DSM installer but TVE was not working. Someone on here suggested I use docker, so I am using docker in Synology

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Docker, no TVE image

What version Chrome is it using? Last time I used it (January 21, 2023), it was using v97

Guys, I un-installed the DSM 7 version, and re-installed and boom its working. I am not sure if that completely fixed it only time will tell but I have been able to log into TVE and it authenticates!

chromedp-version is Chrome/97.0.4692.56