Authorized clients and removal

It would be nice if the web interface listed the authorized web clients and had the ability to remove access for a specific client. I view this both as a security and partially a family friendly feature. There may be remote/external devices I’ve previously authorized which I no longer want to have access. Allowing all devices that have ever been authorized to remotely access the web interface/recordings doesn’t sound the most secure.

Also, less important, would be a a log of section detailing the last access by each device (or other logging info).

Hmm. I don’t store cookies and run in private mode. Every time I watch I get a new token on the same device.

Reviving an old thread, is there anyway to revoke individual authorized devices?

I’m going to update this tread and ask the same question. Can I revoke access to a device I previously granted remote access to?

Example: Rented a cabin with family members who brought a Fire Stick for the kids to watch. I downloaded Channels DVR to it and granted access to Channels DVR so we could watch Live TV. Now the trip is over and I want to remove access from the Fire Stick.

What’s the easiest method?

Is anyone aware of a way to know what remote clients are connected to my DVR? Is there a way to remove or even view these clients?

If not, what’s the easiest way to reset my server so any remote client will need to sign in again and reauthorize?

Is it possible to show a list of active clients on the web ui? Similar to how Plex will list all clients and gives you the option to remove access for any old devices?

I love how accessible Channels is to use remotely, but at the same time, if I connect from a relatives or friends device, it would be nice to be able to remove access at a later date.

There is no way at the moment. Sorry we were so radio silent on this topic.

This was not a priority when we first spun up remote connections. This is something that will be bumped soon though.

Security is very important to us, and we know what standards we should be implementing for it. It’s why we never launched remote connections until we had secure connections in place.

So yeah, sorry it isn’t there now. It won’t be easy to add after the fact, and I can’t say when it will happen, but consider it on our radar now.

Thanks for pushing this!

3 Likes