Auto Play Next Episode on Android

Is this feature available, seems like it would be. Basically I like to have TV on night in bed and would like the next episodes to automatically play -- On Android thanks

It’s not available on the android app yet.

1 Like

This is the only reason I need to keep Plex. Looking forward to the day when it comes out on android. Question for you though, will it auto play the next episode automatically in say 10 seconds, or must the user click a button to initiate the next episode? My life loves to turn on a series (i.e. Friends) and just have it play without her needing to pickup the remote.

The way it works in the Apple TV version now:

Auto Play on: with ~25s left in the episode, a card shows up at the bottom of the screen indicating what the next episode is with a countdown. After the countdown, the next episode will play. You can click the card to immediately skip to the next episode, you can click the back button to dismiss auto playing the next episode.

Auto Play off: with ~25s left in the episode, a card shows up at the bottom of the screen indicating what the next episode is. You can click to immediately skip to the next episode, you can click the back button to dismiss it. If you do nothing, the episode will end as usual. So, you get the option of watching the next episode without episode automatically playing.

You can learn more in our docs and announcement post:

1 Like

Thanks. Sounds like it will be a good fit once it makes its way to Android.

I can’t wait till they make it to android.

1 Like

Me too.

me too please soon

Now available in beta: BETA: Auto Play for Android