BETA: Automatic Channels for Channel Collections - Use rules to pull in channels dynamically

This new feature for Channel Collections is very cool!

Would it be possible to have an option at to which is listed first?

As an example, I was playing with a News collection and started with just automatic channels, but as mentioned previously, Pluto's genres are a mess. So I excluded Pluto as a source. That gets rid of the non-news Pluto channels, but it also gets rid of actual news Pluto channels. I added actual news Pluto channels manually, but I don't necessarily want them at the top of the guide.

Another nice option would be for the "Sort by" selection to apply to the combined channel list, both manually added and automatically added.

This is a cool feature.
One thing i noticed.
Would it be possible to add an exclude channel list filter in the automated collection?

For example i did an automatic collection called cooking. It worked really well, except it included QVC

2 Likes

I get Charge! OTA and on Philo and noticed a duplicate with those
Charge! OTA HD Homerun 57.4
Charge Philo 6752

I will probably just get rid of one to solve it, but wanted to add mine in the list

They have different channel numbers and channel names. They won’t stack, just like they don’t stack in your normal guide.

Thanks, this is a great feature. I tried it on iOS Beta, no issues so far.

How difficult would it be to define a spot in the collection where these channels get inserted? For example, in some collections it would be great to have them in the beginning, in others at the end (or randomly in the middle).

4 Likes

Genres was missing most of the Movie genres. This has been resolved.

@maddox I think this feature is awesome and already used it last weekend for football. The issue now is when I go to my collection (I set up up exactly like yours for sports) it does not show football night in America.

This is all I had in the grid below... Ok I think I figured it out it technically started 10 minutes later. Is it possible to have a small window where it will show upcoming shows that match the query like say 30-60min?

Football Night in America isn't classified as a sporting event, it's a TV show. It's talking heads.

You might be able to add Sport as a genre, but you'll get all kinds of other crap in there.

No, this operates exactly like the guide does.

This is so great. Feature request, if possible: it would be great if we could also exclude some channels. (For those instances when entire source exclusion would be overkill.)

The actual game is though right?

We added Sport genres so you can cherry pick which sports might show in a collection.

2 Likes

Is it possible to add these sports to the available genres pls :wink:

Cricket
Rugby League
AFL

Thanks

Thanks. I hadn't seen this feature. I would like the ability to REMOVE ALL sports programming, all reality programming, and all home shopping programming from my grid as I do not watch any of these ever. Does this feature provide a way to do that?

Sorry that’s not what this feature does. This adds programs.

Even making a Channels Collection, just leave those channel types off when manually picking channels.

Or even better, go to your source’s lineup and hide those channels.

I'm on 2022.01.16.0341 and I'm not seeing Sports as a category, and not seeing any sport genres. What am I doing wrong?

It was added to automatic channels options in channel collections.

That’s not this feature. You’re in the rule editor for content collections or virtual channels.

This feature is for Channel Collections.

Gotcha. Guess I was just looking in the wrong place. Found it. Thanks.