BETA: Chrome Capture for Channels

Youtube is not needed as theres the kister method which works even better for that. I would like the code for dtv/stream tho. And maybe we can get YES Network unmuted too on their site

Message me and I will send you a pre-release version of it (the code is a bit sloppy but it should work)

1 Like

Don't forget to make a PR when you're ready tho for others to use​:rofl::joy:

Does anyone know how to match guide data properly? I am lost on that. Do I need to match the station ID?

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Chrome capture is working fantastic with Spectrum on my 5800H Beelink using Windows 10 and exe file, but I have to wait over 5 minutes to watch a 4th channel after viewing 3 prior channels within a 5 minute timeframe (can't channel surf). It would be perfect if not for this issue. @tmm1, any ideas? Is CC4C built to retain the prior http session for an extended time for some reason? Thanks

I started out adding station id to my M3U but found that was unnecessary. I found it easiest and most reliable to:

• Manage lineup
  • Click + to the right to assign the proper guide data
  • Within the search box, type the station 'id letters', for example for Starz Classic, type SZECLHD. Sometimes it helps to select from dropdown 'search all lineups'. I found these 'id letters' or whatever they are called on my Spectrum guide at watch.spectrum.net
    I hope that helps.

This. I don't know..not trying to record everything but put all the channels in one spot. Does anyone know all the networks?

Peacock NBC Networks
Disney Networks
Viacom

Etc is there a master list?
Trying to really find the channels that are useful here.

Channels that are unique to channels and not on tve:

Fox
Myxx(mine is my68)
CW(or is this online?)
NBC channels (I hear they glitch out or do weird ads on tve) better to use cable login
FOX (used to have tve, but a lot of people can't get any more)
PAC12 Network
Spectrum Sportsnet

I am also adding a script to make The Mountain West network work. (Available online)

Using the "Find Gracenote Station IDs" tool I have built-in to OliveTin-for-Channels, which queries your Channels DVR server for the info, here's what was returned:

Thx, I figured it out. I just had to select "all sources."

Isn't nbc very buggy? (all streams)?

yes

@sheepy & @daldana7296

I assume you used ffmpeg for the remux. Did you peform the remux in the main.js file? If so can you share the code you used? It is beyond my coding skills :wink:

You can use FAST channels to bring it in, but I am using Sling, which is stable.

@fjh3, here is the post from earlier in this thread with commands I use to make a recording editable. I'm not running these in the main.js file, but after the recording is done by Channels. I use ffmpeg command lines to remux, then change the audio to aac. Obviously, the "input.mpg" should be the file you want to convert, this can also include the path to the file, if you don't have the recording in the same directory as ffmpeg. Meaning the command could also be something like:

ffmpeg -i "D:\folder\input.mpg" -c copy "D:\folder\output.ts"

1 Like

I have not had any luck to trying to Install Chrome Capture For Channels I have a Apple Imac is there anyone here who can help me with step by step instructions to install it on Apple Operating system only it would greatly appreciated.

Mac directions are already in the step-by-step simplified installation instructions above. Just ignore anything that says "Windows" or "Docker".

If you are held up at a specific step, you can tell us which one and what you've tried. Only then will we be able to help.

@sheepy, thanks. I tried to change the format specifications in the main.js file. It appears that only the WebM format will work with CC4C, which limits the audio codecs to due vorbis or opus. When tried vorbis it slows down the transcoding. Luckily, the developer of the Sparkle TV apps, is very responsive and is going to add opus as a supported codec in the near future.

1 Like

If you're having problems running npm run build on Windows, I learned the problem is when NPM attempts to compile for Mac x64 (it is set up to compile for multiple OSs at same time). This results in the Error: spawn UNKNOWN error several other users have posted about. The solution is to open package.json, look under targets, and remove everything besides latest-win-x64.
PS My son helped me figure this out thankfully so I can't really take the credit!

1 Like

I also tried to modify the main.js file to change the audio format, but ran into the same issues. The opus codec isn't a big deal for me, because I'm generally watching in Channels, and then deleting the file. But, occasionally, there is a show I want to archive and have to run the ffmpeg commands to be able to edit out the commercials. Hopefully the developer of Sparkle can support opus for you.

With special thanks to @bnhf for helping me work through my own testing issues, I have now updated the Simplified Installation Instructions above with detailed steps and screen shots for deploying via a Portainer Stack in Docker. As noted, this completely replaces the default Docker installation method and alleviates all issues like login problems and being able to modify specific settings on a variable basis.

I also made some other quality of life and general cleanup adjustments, too, so enjoy!

3 Likes