BETA: Chrome Capture for Channels

@tmm1 has anyone found a solution to getting all the keystrokes necessary ("." by example) to pass through to solve authentication prompts when using the docker CC4C (running on a remote, headless, CLI only server)?

I’m also wondering the same thing…

It's nice to be able to record USA again. Thanks to all the people getting this to work! I appreciate it!

@tmm1 BETA feedback. Using chrome-capture-for-channels-win-x64.exe I have been getting occasional CC4C crashes when changing channels that I thought were random. However, I can now reproduce these crashes and relate them to specific circumstances.

-crashes occur only when changing from one CC4C channel to another CC4C channel. (I am using primarily YTTV with CC4C)

-crashes do NOT occur when changing from a CC4C channel to a non-CC4C channel

-crashes occur only when changing channels using the quick guide, last channel (>|| double click), and channel surfing with CH+ CH-. (in these cases the CC4C stream is NOT stopped prior to the new channel being selected)

-crashes do NOT occur when changing channels using the grid guide with no PIP (In this case the CC4C stream is, of course, stopped prior to the new channel being selected)

I hope this is helpful in making Chrome-Capture-for-Channels more stable. I really love this feature.

2 Likes

Version of windows and Chrome?

I don't know if you have already resolved your issue, but thought I would comment on what I am seeing different on my end to see if there is something to be learned and invite others to weigh-in.
What stood out to me (see screenshot below), don't know why or what it means:

1. Your stream Type shows "HLS Local" versus mine that is "Direct". Perhaps that is a Firestick thing?
  2. On the Video description yours has "hwdec: mediacodec" mine does not
  3. Bitrate. You are running at a whopping 15.1Mbps vs. mine at 7.8 Mbps. I have been playing around with increasing/decreasing this in the main.js to see what difference it might make. Not sure if that code is specifying a "sampling" rate for the capture or is the "ask" from the provider. I have raised that up to 12Mbps (12000000) and then see a bitrate on the screen as high as that specified. But never that high. In any case, wondering how/why it is at that level

Did you figure this out also for the E! East and West channel feeds and the USA East and West channels are get different guide data?

1 Like

Do you get different guide data for the East and West feeds of USA? If so, how did you do it?

I went in and to the source on CHannels and edited the lineup and assigned them USAHD and USAP for E I just assigned them WEST coast as I couldn't find an East coast as searching for E took FOREVER.

1 Like

That seemed to work for USA. At least I have two different guide informations now. I'm seeing the same thing about E with taking forever to pull up anything...

Are you getting two different guides for Bravo too?

Anyone getting this setup for a Bally Sports RSN? I'm trying to get it setup for Bally Sports Midwest source code should be...

I have Bally Sports Wisconsin set up and working well. When searching for the listings, I had to click on "check all listings" and then fully type "Bally Sports Wisconsin". When I only typed Bally, the options that came up didn't include Wisconsin, oddly.

Also added MLB and MTV Live, but I couldn't find any listings to match my time zone. So, I added those channels to a new source, and set that guide provider to my local Spectrum cable listings. Then was able to map MLB and MTV Live, which matched the Fubo schedule. I guess maybe I could have done that for all the other, CC4C channels, as well?

1 Like

But what did you enter into channels for the source code for Bally Sports Wisconsin?

Yes I am.

2 Likes

You need "EHD" for E East feed. I got it to pull up with E Entertainment East HD or something really close

1 Like

Mulliganman, sorry I misread your post. Thought you were looking for guide listings. You will need to find the url, for the source that you have for Bally Sports, and edit the stream argument. Here is mine for Fubo.

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="{Bally Sports Wisconsin}",{Bally Sports Wisconsin}
chrome://192.168.0.170:5589/stream?url=https://www.fubo.tv/watch?channelId=16348

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="{Bally Sports Wisconsin 2}",{Bally Sports Wisconsin 2}
chrome://192.168.0.170:5589/stream?url=https://www.fubo.tv/watch?channelId=74217

1 Like

Fubo works perfect with the capture method. I have not been able to get it to work with the HDMI interface. Hulu is just the opposite. Works with the HDMI interface, but not with capture. Things used to be so simple..

I'm glad we have some smart people in the playground working these problems out.

Interesting that Hulu works well with the HDMI capture method. I dropped Hulu with all the TVE auth issues in Channels and started using Fubo. But, that is a more expensive plan than Hulu. So, maybe I need to explore the HDMI capture project, as well???

Has anyone gotten Vidgo to work?
The guide doesn't expose the URLs to the streams. The stream is an embedded player on the page I hate the app.
Any way to grab those links and at least get it to where we can use it?

Can you "inspect" the page where the embedded player is, and see if there is a url in there somewhere? If you find one, play it a couple of times and verify the url stays the same.