BETA: Chrome Capture for Channels

Yes.
There was a Windows update yesterday as well.
Maybe that is what caused it.

I'd start with reading the directions :stuck_out_tongue:

Has anyone run into the issue of the aspect of the webpage being incorrect? When I first started using CC4C it worked fine, then it went narrow and I can't get it back to 1920x1080.

I'm using the docker container. I've deleted and recreated it, and can't get it back to wide. Has anyone run into this and resolved it?

Reading the directions is always a good place to start hahaha - sometimes things can become overwhelming. I will try the simplified installation instructions. Thanks!

I guess my question for this (after reading) would be is there a way to permamently link a stream displayed on a browser to a specific channel? For example, can I link the NBC stream to a custom channel and be able to watch that on my TV without NBC open on my computer? Maybe along the lines of the VLC configuration your older post mentioned.

I'm trying this out now and hope I'm creating the correct pathways - will let you know how it goes. A few questions:

• Do you delete the { when creating the pathways? (I did not)
  • I'm stuck at Stage 4 / adding the custom channels (I removed my local NBC identifier). It appears in the source list, but says 0 channels. Clicking on the + only allows me to search via zip code. I'm also using Edge instead of Chrome if this is an issue (and may switch to Brave on a new laptop)

It is a permanent link to a temporary browser session. This solution is the super upgraded version of what PC Stream for Channels did.

Yes.

I can see several ways you are not following the directions correctly. You need to follow them exactly as written and do not deviate:

• In your Text field, you completely skipped the beginning of the m3u, the part that says #EXTM3U. That is why it says you have 0 stations.
  • Step 3 is for creating the stations, Step 4 is for mapping them to guide data after they are created. You are clicking on "Set Provider". Per directions, you need to select "Manage Lineup". But this will only work when have your source text m3u fixed.

What are you running your Docker on? Most people with Macs are saying they have to go more than 1920x1080 on their display settings, so it could be similar...

Or it could be just related to the Docker command line. This seems like it would help:

I haven't had a chance to fully document (with screen shots and whatnot) this solution yet, but will in the near future and add it to the directions.

1 Like

It seems like development has stopped on this project as we haven’t seen any updates since last month…

1 Like

On a headless server.

1 Like

so the black borders issue is definitely tied to the viewport sizing. setting the entire chrome window to 1920x1080 in the main.js is the issue. i'm not setup for dev now but need to take into account the tab row and the omnibox row when sizing the window to get a 16:9 aspect ratio. However, when resizing the viewport your also resize the video output (smaller window = compressed video)

additionally every now and then i get some weird audio interference, robotic sounding, after a few seconds of it the audio completely cuts out and then a minute or so later the audio will return.

windows server, ccwgtv client

@babsonnexus, for sure the "manage lineup" is the easiest, but there is a way to map guide data using the "set provider" feature. I have two channels (outside the NBC group) that I could not find appropriate guide data for. So, I created a completely separate source, moved those channels there, and set the provider to my local Spectrum cable listings. I was then able to use that guide data for those channels. I was going to create a custom xmltv file for these channels, but stumbled onto this solution. :grin:

Running into an issue where some Fubo channels don't like the capture. Anyone getting this on ABC affiliates?

1 Like

@gill Are you running an HDMI dongle that is not HDCP compliant?

1 Like

Works fine when this app isn't capturing it, so if it were a dongle it would error on my regular chrome profile. It's only particular channels it appears: Reddit - Dive into anything

Interesting. What is your setup?

Usually an HDCP issue.
Most dongles are not compliant.
I ran into the same thing.
Somewhere earlier in this topic I posted a link to dongles that are compliant.

This project is dead in the water for me.
Chrome appears to no longer capture video.
Worked perfect for a week, now it just launches chrome, video is playing, channels sits waiting for the stream which never arrives.

At least ADB Tuner is working.

1 Like

@Anvil404 , so you have not been able to get CC4C working again? Very strange. No issues on my end, it's been working well for about a month, recording a baseball game from Bally's just about every day.

1 Like

No, it refuses to work.
It would seem something changed with a recent windows update.
I'm running Windows 11 Pro for Workstations. OS Build 22621.1992
I tried installing the development version, does the exact same thing.
Chrome launches, The channel starts playing just like you would expect.
ChannelsDVR just spins waiting for the stream which never arrives.

I'm running Windows 11 Pro, 22621.1992. I see my Chrome has updated and is waiting to be relaunched, there's a baseball game recording, currently. Not sure if this is the current version of Chrome, or what it's going to update to? 114.0.5735.248

I ran into this issue as well…see my notes above:

That was the solve that worked on a headless Mac mini.