BETA: Chrome Capture for Channels

WOW, that's a QUICK response.
I will try this soon, waiting for it to mature a little, maybe tomorrow, but it sure looks great.
As I have said, this CDVR app is the best!
Thanks

It is working for me, but I am getting a lot of buffering and frozen images. Very similar to if I was accessing it remotely.

1 Like

I'm running the docker on DSM 7 and loaded Weatherscan.
It buffered like crazy.
I'm guessing that I'm lacking resources?
I have the Chrome for channels and when I try to pull from my Channels synology, the windows client crashes.

Trying to understand, I have Cox also.
So I launch my Windy Custom Channel, it starts Chrome and gives me the stream capture in CDVR
Then back on the Chrome browser which is running Windy, I go to login.cox.com and login, and select My Connection, Watch TV
Then you say you launch an NBC station; how,where? on the Chrome browser directly, is it showing Cox Ch list,
...or does CDVR show the full Cox channel list?
I'm trying to get to the Golf channel via CDVR for watching recording since NBC drm'ed their TVE.
So for instance if the Chrome browser is showing me the full Cox channel list and I select Golf,
it will ask for a provider(Cox again), I say Cox and it plays the Golf ch,
even If I do not have a Golf Custom Channel??
Thanks for any help.

I have Cox and didn't have to do anything special.

1 Like

Tried downloading the Release for Mac - chrome-capture-for-channels-macos-x64. Doesn't seem to be an app. Not sure how to run this.

1 Like

in Terminal

cd ~/Downloads
chmod +x chrome-capture-for-channels-macos-x64
./chrome-capture-for-channels-macos-x64

I'm looking into better options for macos

1 Like

thanks for the quick reply

1 Like

Got this to work for SNY using:

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="SNY",SNY
chrome://localhost:5589/stream?url=https://sny.tv/watch-now/

The video does include a banner across the top of the video but I will take it to be able to DVR the Mets!

1 Like

I am seeing the banner on the NBC site as well. Looking into ways to automatically push the 'fullscreen' button in the video player which should hopefully resolve.

4 Likes

@tmm1 how do confirm my provider? I logged into the provider on the Mac and confirmed it worked but it still asks for the provider in the stream. No matter if I log into Verizon or optimum it always asks this:

Thanks.

1 Like

Thats correct but you can tell channelsdvr to tune to specific channels. Did you add the golf code to your custom channel?

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="Golf",Golf
chrome://localhost:5589/stream/golf

Once you add that it should show up in your guide and when you watch this channel it should take you to the nbc site. You might need to bootstrap the login initially.'

Hope this makes sense.

This did this to me as well for a few times and finally stopped nagging me and tuned directly in.

2 Likes

thanks, hopefully it does after waiting a while.

Did not try that yet.
Still reading and prepping.
I’m sure that would work.

1 Like

I can't seem to get this to work. Running on the same server as my CDVR (Win 10). I'm using weatherscan as my guinea pig. Set everything up following the instructions exactly. Every time I try to start a stream, Chrome Capture crashes on my Win 10 machine. Verified that nothing else is running on the same port. Here's the relevant snippet from my logs:

2023/06/20 17:02:21.156682 [ERR] Probe failed for live stream after 4.1374342s and 0 bytes
2023/06/20 17:02:21.156682 [ERR] Error during stream M3U-ChromeCapture ch101 Weatherscan: read |0: file already closed
2023/06/20 17:02:21.156682 [TNR] Closed connection to M3U-ChromeCapture for ch101 Weatherscan
2023/06/20 17:02:22.537700 [HLS] ffmpeg: chrome-weatherscan: [tcp @ 0000000000613c00] Connection to tcp://localhost:5589 failed: Error number -138 occurred
2023/06/20 17:02:22.537700 [HLS] ffmpeg: chrome-weatherscan: http://localhost:5589/stream?url=https://weatherscan.net: Unknown error

1 Like

The DVR logs don't show what's happening on the Chrome Capture side. What do the logs for the capture program say? Is there a crash message?

Does http://localhost:5589 load in your browser?

It does open. How do I access logs for Chrome Capture?

ETA: When it's running, the command window just says "Chrome Capture server listening on port 5589". When I start a stream from Channels, it crashes with no message.

I’ve managed to get the Docker installed on macOS and add NBC and the Golf channel, however after tuning either channel, I’m stuck at the link provider page. Can someone explain how to manually link my provider using macOS?

Thanks so much…:grinning:

Nice work! As far as your question goes, I don't think it's possible... yet?

1 Like