BETA: Craft your own experience with Personal Sections on tvOS and iOS

What's the format of your URL?

youtube://https://www.youtube.com/tnawrestling

That's not a video. That's one YouTube channel's page, with many videos.

Try this example instead:

youtube://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlatSezAHwQ

I am trying to just do the main channel page because I am subscribed to a membership thing and would like to go there every week when they release a new video because there is not a way to get that link automatically updated for the new episode.

I hear ya. Hopefully support for something like can be added too some day.

2 Likes

This is resolved in the latest pre-release:

1 Like

I assume this is JUST on Personal Sections though right? Have you seen the same issue on the Home section where Up Next was originally?

I mainly see it on the home screen

1 Like

Mainly in Personal section. Does it nearly every time. Actual Up Next page, rarely does it.

Can you describe your Personal Sections in more detail where this isn't working? Or push diagnostics from your server, and tell me the section name?

The Up Next issue should be resolved in the latest TestFlight beta. Please report back in detail if your Personal Section is still not updating Up Next correctly:

1 Like

The refresh was fixed! Thank you!

Since "recent" shows up in the guide, is there any work being done to see if the "recent" group can show up in the personal sections?

Guide items will only be available by user created Channel Collections.

I'm not totally sure where my problem but I've been using Channels Collections for a while and know the gist of this feature. I built a test Personal Section called "Movies Test" but I do not see the button anywhere in the AppleTV interface.

I learned a long time ago with Channels that if it's not working, it's me but this one has me stumped. Channels Collections are working fine for me. I also tested other, sidebar options like Sports, Kids etc but those don't appear either. Thanks for any help. Some screenshots may help.

You need the latest testflight app on your Apple TV

Ah I missed that need. Thanks!

Got my setup working. Playing with smart rules and if visibility is hidden, the personal section on the server will show the content but the AppleTV will not. I suppose with this new feature, I can just move to personal sections for the family vs my content (labels) but my way of handling that before was make my content hidden and setup collections for my stuff.

See this explanation:

OK that makes sense. This new feature provides a solution to what was sort of a work around before and, for me, this is the more elegant way to go. I really like this feature. Thanks for making it.

When will this be available on the NVidia shield?