Beta: Downloads and Offline Playback

Try doing it via server side settings on your server. Find the device, and make a specific setting just for that device.

HEY EVERYBODY!

We're gearing up to finally release Downloads. Now's your chance to let us know of any weird bugs or behavior.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Kids-only mode isn't checked server-side (see below screenshot). Want to get you what you need, but I'm totally good on my side, so don't feel like we need to continue for my sake.
Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 9.43.15 AM

That's because you turned it on via the device. It hid the Settings tab, so now you can't turn it back off.

So, add the setting via server side settings, so you can control it from there.

Sounds good. Just submitted. Apologies for hijacking the thread! Looking forward to this feature being release widely

I noticed this a couple weeks ago too on my kid's ipad with Kid's Only mode on and through the regular app. A downloads section snuck in lol.

1 Like

It's so strange you guys are seeing the Downloads section. I've reviewed the code and reviewed @jordan's diagnostic logs and for the life of me I can't see what could be causing this. Everything about them makes it look like a user initiated a download (which shouldn't have been possible on the App Store releases).

I'll continue to try to understand what's going wrong here.

1 Like

Offline Downloads has shipped!

Thanks to everyone who helped us get it out there. I know it was a long requested feature. I'm locking this thread. Please open new topics for issues with Downloads.

2 Likes