BETA: Experimental Imported Movie Matching

The time that the daily refresh runs is now randomized per DVR to run at a unique time in the day for each DVR. Previously it would happen at midnight local time.

Is this going to automatically download Trailers?
I'm hoping not and that it just uses a url link.

Good question because I really do not care for Movie trailers. Is there a way to disable if it downloads trailers.

Nothing is downloaded

Thanks everyone on your testing of this. It was very helpful to get early testers to confirm the cloud components were able to withstand the usage and to tune things as we roll this out to a wider audience.

1 Like

If you update to the latest TestFlight beta and latest DVR pre-release you should see improved quality.

1 Like

@eric i looked at the tail end of my schedule (i enabled movie matching about a week ago) and I have a few recordings scheduled that are in my library already.

I submitted logs if that helps. The movie in question is "the longest day". There are a few more as well.

3017a755-42d0-41f9-b59d-d2f58f871b9d

1 Like

I also have an imported movie scheduled to be recorded again. I imported the movie on Sunday (or maybe Monday, the latest).

Logs have been submitted as 43eb9f2d-1856-4bd1-ad3b-489c5c02bd09.

@slampman @mjitkop Thanks you both for the reports. It looks like there was something going on with the cloud component that didn't collect all of the IDs that it should have to be able to get that to match.

Your DVRs will synchronize the missing data over the next 24 hours.

1 Like

Updated and rechecked the top two rows of movies. Eight of the trailers played at 1080p, one played at 1440p, and one at 4K. I hope they all default to 4K eventually, but it's already a big improvement. Thanks! :beers:

2 Likes

@eric I don't see this option on my server. I was going to manually do this but can't find a way.

It moved to the Library Database section.

What I've noticed so far with Android clients (Shield and mobile) is watching a trailer causes the movie to be placed in continue watching. Some trailers are being acted on by com skip, Ghost Busters Afterlife for one. I have several movies in the library that when listed in the guide only ask if I want to record, this seems to be both recorded and play on recordings. However they work as expected in the web UI guide and show recorded or imported.
Be more than happy to do any testing requested.

For imported movies that have trailers on disk (like MovieName-trailer.ext), will those be presented? And what priority is given to them vs cloud trailers?

It seems it didn't work for me because the movie still got recorded last night.

I also see other imported movies in my DVR schedule.

Here's the first one tomorrow (2/24/2024):

In my library:

Also this one coming up on Sunday (2/25/2024):

Logs have been submitted as b2b89e5c-d111-4585-b260-620fa17b7570.

Let me know if you need more data.

What worked for me was manually doing the refresh movies comand and then pausing each advanced pass and then re-enabling it. The matches went from a high number to a lower number as the imports were excluded

@slampman Thank you for the manual workaround.

Before I do it, I will wait and see what @eric says.

What @slampman said is correct. If something has been scheduled it won’t be in-scheduled if an import starts matching later. So because those weren’t matching when the airing appeared, you have to do what he did to fix it.

Oh OK, that makes sense.

Thank you for the explanation.

I will then proceed with the manual fix. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Is it possible to add a spot for different editions or cuts of a film? Examples would be the Theatrical and Director's Cut of some of the Star Trek or Lord of the Rings films.

I have a virtual channel set up for these movies and it would be nice to see the right edition, or should I just update the Title for the time being?