Beta: Siri Shortcut Actions backend change for iOS

Everything that was explained.

I use a bunch of similar shortcuts to turn on apple tv and then open channels and then invoke channels to tune to a specific channel - it still works fine

Can you try making a new shortcut and choosing the Channels Beta to choose action from it?

Tried shortcut with watch channels on other device and it does not work. When run on iOS device, it opens Channels on the iOS device (does not tune), but the ATV (called Living Room Channels) does nothing.

Im noticing old device names no longer on the client list on the server, so the list of choices when creating a shortcut is outdated - and therefore the “play on other device” not working for me either - seems its confused.

1 Like

Old devices are normal, as we have to cache the device list to present them as options in shortcuts.

It’s not prudent to remove clients we don’t see on the network, as they may just not be running.

So if you change devices a lot, you’ll accrue devices in the list.

There’s an option in Settings > Support in the iOS app to prune this device list.

1 Like

I’m also have an issue with the watch channel on other device shortcut action not tuning. No error, it just seems to ignore the action…

Is anyone seeing the Shortcuts app crash when choosing Channels in it while trying to add a new action?

Im seeing this now…

Its strange. It was working from my phone, but the testflight was older 9.4.1608

Then when I tried same shortcut from my ipad on the latest testflight, I got the above error.

Now when I roll back both ipad and iphone to the older testflight beta the still have the error above.

Im on ios 17.6.1, TVOS 17.6.1

The latest release has more changes to the backend, which should be stabilized after this build. Some things had to change a lot to support the next feature, which is,

The app now supports some Control Center buttons (which can be used on the Lock Screen and with the Action Button, as well as other places). There's just Open Channels and Open Section for now, but we'll get as many of the existing actions in there as possible as time moves on. But the groundwork is in there now.

Everyone with issues, please try them again, as things have changed since you last reported the issues. Please confirm the issue is still there or report what you're now seeing after this change.

This is working now with 10.04.1900.

Watch on other device looking good 10.5.336

Another day, another beta, with big changes in the backend again. Please check your shortcuts to make sure they're still working. Thanks for all the help with this!

The latest testflight beta has added more control center actions

• Search
  • Watch Channel
1 Like

It is working now with the latest versions. By the way you dont need the first action in your example
E: Saw its working for you too

Did not know that. Thanks.

Instead you’d probably want to replace it with the Open $App on $AppleTV action, to ensure it’s open there, to receive the remote commands.

Thanks for the help on this everyone. This was delivered with the latest 6.1.0 update.