BETA: Support for Tablo tuners (Gen 3)

Maybe @miibeez can help with this project

1 Like

Does anyone know if the Tablo that went on sale at amazon will work with Channel?

The model iis the two tuner version.

1 Like

If it is the white round one ,4th gen then most likely not

1 Like

The Tablo Gen 4 is completely different interface and not compatible with Legacy Tablo devices. I doubt that it would function with Channels unless/until support comes out for that Tablo. The nice thing about the Gen 4 is that it includes Scripps channels as FAST channels on the device.

1 Like

No. The Gen 4 is not compatible. See if you can find a Legacy network attached quad Tablo to use.

1 Like

Tablo is not an officially supported tuner, it’s experimental. It is not listed in our site as supported. This means anything newer won’t necessarily work.

Factor this into your buying decision.

If you’re investing in a new tuner for Channels, you should get one that is officially supported, an HDHomeRun.

4 Likes

Which HDHomeRun devices are supported? The ones listed on the Channels website are not available in my market. There is no Connect Duo or HomeRun Prime on Amazon.

All of them

I had my Tablo quad hooked up and working and somehow it lost connection and channels no longer finds it on the network. I know Tablo is working and on the network as I can watch through the Tablo app. Did something change with compatibility? I had planned on switching over to channels permanently and was happy I didn’t have to buy a new tuner.

1 Like

Unfortunately, tuner support isn't official
I was reading a few days ago that Tablo locked down their API.

Ugh, thanks for the info. What a bummer.

1 Like

Yeah...you're gonna have to get a device that work with Channels if you want to get antenna channels on there...

1 Like