Buffer loses place and program info with 30 second jump

Noticed this with the latest beta and at least one before. After letting a buffer build up for a bit on live TV, if I try to fast forward through ads with the 30 second jump feature, eventually the stream will lose its place and "jump" back to the beginning of the buffer and no longer show the program info. I'll attach a photo. I can then use the scrubber and chose the place I left off and things return to normal but if I'm not paying attention when using the 30 second jump feature, its a pain to find where I left off.

I've submitted diagnostic logs with category Video Player

1 Like

I’ve seen that happened to me a couple of times as well.

Happens to me every time I build up a buffer as well, once I get close to live, it jumps back to the start of the buffer.

This seems to happen if you click to fastforward twice in a row very quickly.

Yes, that’s how I usually get through commercials so sounds reasonable. It only started recently though and happens consistently so seems like something introduced rather than a general issue.

New beta (8.30.205) will be available shortly. It should fix the issue- please try and report back here.

Hi. Just tried the new beta and pressed pause to collect 130mins of buffer. I then started to watch tv and skipped ffw 30sec and this worked but when I went to rewind it crashed and the picture froze. I have submitted a diagnostic log.

Cheers.

Can you describe the crash? Did the app die, or the video froze up only? Were you able to hit menu to return to the channel list?

The video froze only. I was able to hit the menu to return to the channel list.

Gotcha. I think this issue should be fixed in the new beta. Thanks for submitting the logs.

Had this exact same problem too. Froze and was unable to resume the buffer. So I had to exit the channel and come back in. Frustrating!

Hi. Seems to work now (I’ll keep testing) but there is a new issue in that if I try to skip backwards 7sec the video will actually jump forward Aprox 1 min. It will rrw fine if I press long. I have submitted a log.

The update has been approved and it is now available. This should fix the terrible crash bug when seeking…

So sorry about this everyone! Thanks for the help in tracking it down.

You can read more here: Important Timeline Stability Fix