Bug: multiple hdhomerun support not working

A little more info you may want. I have 2 dual tuner connects (4 total) and am often recording two shows at once. The tuner priority has to be set up the opposite in the Apple TV app than is set up in the DVR software or I get the no tuner available message. Seems like the app would recognize that the first tuners are being used and automatically switch to the other connect but it does not.

Thanks, good to know I’m debating getting another connect. That sounds like a bug.

I hope that is not true or, if true, it’s a bug.

It doesn’t work this way for me with two Extends. In my case, the ATV takes whichever HDHR is available and has the requested channel. Sometimes, if a show is on two different channels, and the first HDHR with available tuners only has one of these channels, the DVR will pick the one that is available and switch to the alternate channel. In fact, I even have different channels favorited on each HDHR. So if both devices have tuners available, the app will pick the tuner that has the channel favorited. It works seamlessly. I would expect that any behavior other than this is probably user error. Re-check your device configurations (and available channels) for both HDHR in the ATV and DVR.

Not sure I could have been any clearer in my post but with 4 tuners, 2 recording and wanting to watch live TV there should not have to be any user interaction in order to go to the guide, choose a channel and watch it. However, it does not work. I only use 5 channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, CW and PBS) on both connects with all the same channels being favorites. Both connects receive the exact same channels with the exact same favorites with excellent signals on both. I have tested this on all 7 of my Apple TV’s. In all cases if I have the tuner priority on the ATV the same as the tuner priority on the DVR and I am recording two shows it gives a tuner not available message if I try to watch live TV. All I have to do is change the tuner priority on the ATV I am wanting to use and it instantly works. But you must be right, it has to be user error. Especially since it doesn’t work that way for you and you aren’t using the same tuner as the original poster had a question about.

Do both of your tuners have a check mark on the Settings tab of the ATV app?

Please install the beta (from Beta testing next Apple TV release) and replicate the failure. Then go to the bottom of the Settings tab and click Submit Diagnostics.

Ok, sorry. I have just replicated this bug.

Here it is: If there are multiple recordings and either the same channels are favorited on both tuners (or no channels are favorited on either tuner), then the live ATV tuner will not access the second priority HDHR when the first is fully used.

The DVR works fine with this scenario. It is an ATV issue.

@djcastaldo Did you reproduce with App Store or Beta build?

I can reproduce it on both builds.

1 Like

Thanks. Please submit diagnostics from the beta app after the error.

sent. this might have been introduced with the new tuner sharing feature, because it used to work.

Tuner sharing is only on the beta, but it could be related.

This bug has been fixed in v2.1.29, now available on the App Store. Thanks for reporting the issue!

1 Like