Can’t update iPad app to 6.1.0 on macOS

I cannot update Channels on macOS to version 6.1.0 as it shows as incompatible. This occurs both in TestFlight as well as the public version and it is causing issues with shortcuts support. I’m now stuck with iOS/iPadOS being on the latest version while macOS is stuck on the old. Please help…

This is a known issue. The iPad app is currently not available to run on macOS due to a bug in the build process.

First Some Clarity

This is is not a native macOS app, it's the iPad app running on macOS with Apple Silicon. Apple allows this as a convenience.

Issue

Since starting to build the app with the latest SDK (a few weeks ago), the App Store has complained that it contains code that macOS cannot run. This was not the case prior to the SDK that was updated this fall.

We've contacted Apple but have heard nothing so far.

We're currently at a loss for what to even do as this isn't something we can control. This app is not built for macOS in any way. It is simply the iPad app, that Apple allows you to run on macOS as a convenience.

If Apple is going to let you run iPad apps on macOS, it's up to them to ensure that a fully built app for iPadOS, can run on macOS.

We'll keep this thread updated as we learn more.

Thanks for the update! I was hoping it was more of a bug thing than a deliberate decision on your part. :crossed_fingers: Apple gets things figured out.

The app is now available again via TestFlight.

1 Like