Can the filename format of library files be specified?

Just coming over from Plex and have a problem with importing files in my library.
The movie files have the format of "Movie.Name [2013]". The file gets imported but the artwork for the movie is not found so it gets a default text image. Any files that use parens instead of brackets are handled correctly. Is there a way to specify allowable format types in the settings?

1 Like

Give us a little and we’ll add year with brackets as an approved format.

OK, thanks. Very much appreciated.
Channels is so superior to Plex in every other way, that it looks like I will be staying with it.

1 Like

I just tried this and the indexer worked fine "Top.Gun.[1986].mkv"

Could you give a few example filenames or the paths you're using. It could be that you're just picking directories wrong. Please submit diagnostics from your Channels DVR Server web admin under Support > Troubleshooting.

Logs have been submitted as 457d8a06-3aa0-4b06-bb1e-9ce45da29531.
I should point out that files using brackets in the same directory as files using parens don't get artwork recognized. When I edit the filename of these files to use parens and do a rescan, the artwork is found and displayed.
Here are the paths I am using:

1 Like

This has been resolved in the latest pre-release.

This update drastically improves the artwork display.
However, some files are being missed (maybe 10% of them). The weird thing is that many of the files being missed use parens to denote the year in the filename. I cannot find what else might distinguish these files from the others, so I have sent another log for you to peruse.
Also, I found a "bug" that is actually a feature that you might find interesting. If I have the same file in 2 places, the movie is repeated in the UI display. Plex didn't do this, so I never knew I had duplicates. I will now go in and clean these up.
Logs have been submitted as a9db3e60-0306-4212-a063-61cf3c5b786b .

I think if you look at these movies, you'll see that they aren't just missing art, they're missing all their metadata. This is because the indexer did not find a match. So you can go in and correct it yourself.

Find the movie in your Channels DVR Server web admin and choose the Fix Incorrect Match or Find Match action and you'll be able to fix it. Use the selector drop down at the top to change to TMDB to get better matches.

Now that I look at your diagnostics, it does look like the filename format might be causing the issues with matching. It's odd because they look fine in terms of what we've been matching for years. I'll take a look.

I think we can do better matching with your filenames that have the brackets.

If you have any betas that you would like me to test out, let me know.
Thanks for looking into this.

Try the latest prerelease

That made a big difference.
Out of 272 files, only 4 of them are now without artwork.
Logs have been submitted as caa735b7-f23e-4121-ad96-8d2f13112de8.

You can click "Find Match" under DVR > Manage > Unmatched > Movies

That works very well!
Did that just get added?

Fixing an incorrect match has been there since the day we added personal media imports.

Hey guys, thanks for all your help with this.