Can't re-edit some commercials

It seems random, but I am noticing tonight that there are some episodes of some shows won't let me re-edit commercials. It will open the window when I select re-edit, but when I've made my changes the button to save it won't work like it's greyed out as an option.

If I close the window and open it again, the edits I made haven't changed.

One specific show I am trying to do this on is "Building Off the Grid" from a TVE channel. Some of the episodes let me re-edit just fine and some don't. It seems random.

Update: Out of curiosity I went back and checked some of the episodes that I had re-edited and even though they seemed to save properly, my edits aren't sticking. It seems to revert back to what it was before my edit.

So far this is on a TVE show. I haven't checked some re-edits I've done on the OTA shows yet.

Some TVE channels such as the discovery ones use smart detection. You can run comskip manually and then edit after it runs

Gotcha. I did run that on one of the episodes. It at least worked now when I re-edited the commercial, unfortunately, you're smart detection method is far superior in detecting them. So, good job on that!

You can look at the logs to see when the "smart" detection is used, versus when Comskip is initially deployed: when the smart detection is used the log entry is noted with ADS, whereas Comskip processes are indicated with a standard DVR header in the logs.

(Although: perhaps the channels we care about differ, but personally I rarely have fault with the smart-detection for TVE streams.)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.