CBS Boston (WBZ) TVE

Having trouble getting the local CBS affiliate into my channel lineup... Anyone have any suggestions?

Seeing in the logs 2022/08/09 03:07:31.194007 [TVE] action=cbs_station err=unavailable in location

Does it work on CBS Live TV Stream ?

Make sure your Channels DVR server is updated to the latest pre-release version.
Can you login and watch that local station at Live Stream TV Shows, Sports and News on CBS
Sometimes their geolocation doesn't work and shows a different station.
I'm in CA and last week they thought I was in AZ.

Does local channels not geolocate the server like other channels for TVE? The goal here is out of market NFL preseason game on Thursday.

It does geolocate, but individual CBS affiliates might not be allowed, which is why everyone above asked if it is working on CBS's website. If you get a rejection there, then there is nothing that can be done. And just because it worked last week, does not mean it will always work. Here in RI, WPRI was available for months, then not available for months, then was again. This contracts are very fluid and change without notice.

As a workaround, this game is available on WNBC out of New York, which you can also get through LocalBTV. You'll just have to listen to their announcers instead of the folks out of the Bob's Discount Home Furniture booth.

WBZ is working fine for me. Authorized through Fubo.

Shows as:
6003 DUPWBZ (CBS)

Thanks, I should have qualified that it is "Provider" + "Affiliate" + "Location" = "Access"

Just signed up for the Fubo trial. Not seeing WBZ here either but am getting the other local networks... Any ideas?

It won't work in Channels unless it works on the CBS website. Does it work there?

CBS Live TV Stream

It does not but I am away from home currently. Anyway to test with the server?

If you have remote access enabled on the server you can remotely access the web UI.
Like use the browser on your phone while in Boston and toggle the Experimental Local Networks checkbox. It uses geolocation of the browser you're using. Just make sure the browser/phone is allowing location services.

If remote access isn't enabled, you'll have to wait until you're at the server.

CBS doesn't appear in my lineup either (the CBS Live Stream works, however)

WBZ Boston?

No, WWMT I’m Grand Rapids MI

Ahh, you may want to troubleshoot yourself or start a new thread then.

We need to have threads so specific that they discuss single channels? My point in replying to this thread is perhaps it is more widespread to the network itself.

You need to submit diagnostics and email support

1 Like