CCWGTV and DVR Server

I googled and googled and couldn't find any threads...

After reading about using the Tivo Stream 4k as a DVR server, I installed the DVR server on my chromecast with "google tv" -- it seemed to install fine, it says its up and running and gives me an IP address to access. But when I try the web interface it fails. Has anyone had any success with the new chromecast and the DVR server? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

FYI — I tried accessing via the puffin tv browser — both 192.168.1.xx:8089 and localhost:8089 and both returned ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. I’m guessing the server isn’t running although it’s UI says it is :frowning:

The CCGTV does not support running the DVR server. I'm uncertain if it's a limitation of Android 10 in general, or whether the reduced OS with the Google TV system overlay is simply missing the functionality.

(This is similar to PIP support. The system says it is supported, but the internal bits for implementing it are simply not there.)

Simple enough! Thanks again

1 Like

Also, for clarification:

1 Like

Helllllo TiVo Stream 4K (recently reduced) :wink:

One caveat with TS4K: while its host port is USB-C, it is still only a USB2 bus, not USB3. A gigabit ethernet adapter will max out at ~230Mbps, and it will share that bus/bandwidth with the external drive you use for your DVR storage, too.

After a day of futzing around -- I've got everything working on the TiVo (channels dvr, channels dvr server). I lost a lot of time trying to make it work with a flash drive... too slow to handle recording multiple shows.. I was reaaaaally bummed until I figure that out.

Its very responsive -- I'm just using LOCAST at this point, I may add some TVE later.

Great work Channels Team :slight_smile: and thanks for all of the forum assistance.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. I wish I found this a couple weeks ago when I couldn't understand how to setup my chromecast as a server. Isn't the tivo stream 4k also android 10?

No, I'm pretty sure it's Android TV 9.

You are right, shield and stream 4k are 9. It's going to be interesting if they both get updated to 11.