Change channel order in guide?

Is this possible? If not feature request please as in UK on Freeviw the default channel number assignments result in a nonsensical guide order

You can add channels to your favorites on the Settings tab, then click and hold to reorder via On Now > Favorites.

I love this feature. Is there a way to have the favorites sync across multiple Apple TVs?

Syncing across ATVs would be great! Also, is it possible to change the order that channels are displayed in the Favorites guide? Instead of numeric channel order I would like to put or most commonly watched channels at the top.

Just hold down the pad to get a menu to rearrange

Are you referring to the channels app guide? When I hold down the pad I get a menu with Record, Options and Create Pass, nothing to rearrange the channels. And that comes up only if I am on a show that is currently airing. If I move to a future show and hold down the pad nothing comes up.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I was referring to the Favorites menu under On Now with the large icons. I see now you are referring to the favorites in the guide. The guide is always in numerical order.

Thanks! That makes sense.

It would be nice to have an option to change that :slight_smile:

1 Like

The favorites in the guide follow the same custom ordering as the On Now tab.

To re-order, go to On Now > Favorites and click-hold a channel to move it.

1 Like

I just tried it and it worked! (Not that I doubted you :smiley:)

Is it unique per device? If I want them all the same I set it up on each device?

Yes favorites are per-device. Syncing is on our TODO list.

3 Likes

I’ve tried this before and it would work. It works on my iPhone app. However it no longer appears to work for me on my Apple TV.

Not sure if I’m doing it wrong: Heart Symbol “On Now” > Favorites > pick a channel and press + hold. This pops up a menu that says the name of the channel, Details, Manage Channel, Cancel. I can’t get the icons to start dancing, however.

There is a bug in the current version of tvOS that broke re-arranging of Favorites. They have filed big reports with Apple, but it is not some that Channels can fix. Apple broke it, and it's up to Apple to fix it.

Oh that's a shame. Thanks for replying here and I'll try again at some point in the future!