Channel mapping

If I assign a provider to my m3u but then I pick some channels form "other providers" in the manage channels area, will those stick when the provider updates? I ask because twice now I've had mappings get wiped out and I'm wondering if they get wiped out when the mapped provider updates?

If your M3U uses unique channel-id= tags then it should remember the mappings.

it's using channel number as channel-id, which is unique in that m3u. but I definitely have some mappings that are getting wiped out. and many of them are all jumbled up now. wrong epg mapping on the wrong channel. I just spent like 2 hours setting all that up and now they are messed up again. What is the suggest approach to mapping epg to m3u channels where one single zip code based line up will not work for all of them?

I was just searching for the channel in the "entire guide" option. most of them were there.

I had a guy tell me I could include grace note station ids in the m3u and Channels would find it automatically. is that right?

You sure can. See my post from earlier with examples Mlb.tv update

I’ve noticed if you edit the custom channel and click save it will not keep any guide data mappings.

1 Like

since you're using numbers as ids, it sounds like your provider is changing the numbers