Channel remapping attempt

I'm trying this out with a few channels and I made this source the highest priority. When I look at the guide I have both channels present now the Channel 249 and 6011 a little below it. How do I get rid of the duplicate (mainly 6011) now that 249 is in the guide and working?

Can you stack channels by Guide Data using the Web Browser Player?

1 Like

I have no idea what this is.

In the client apps, if your remapped source has a higher priority, you set duplicates to guide data in the app, and only one will show. If instead you choose to do duplicates by channel number, then they both will show.

If you open up Channels in a web browser then goto guide, can I stack those channels as well?

1 Like

No. The web UI does not merge channels.

1 Like

Do you have a script that makes that channel renaming file? Manually doing it sucks.

It does, but it's a one-time invest of time. Creating a script to do it cleanly on a first pass would be almost more of an effort than just manually doing it.

if you want to do the following
1 reorder your channels
2 remove add channels
3 change logos
4 map guide data to each channel for 14 days

use m3u website , xteve, zaptoxml. one time setup. then point channelsdvr to xteve

if you want more details just ask.

thanks

1 Like

The issue I've personally run into with xteve is every time I try to remap my channel numbers the program creates duplicate channels. For instance I have 351/351 valid streams coming in but as I edit and save new duplicate channels appear and are output with the xteve M3U link. Developers appear aware of the issue but until it is fixed its not usable for me.

@kthomas1059

i haven't had that experience. maybe xteve data got corrupt. you could try to delete xteve folder and start over with the latest xteve. i know its not fun. but i never had the duplicate issue. but i dont like if you update the m3u going to xteve, by changing the order. it dont update the order, unless you delete the playlist and re add to xteve. but the same thing happens in channdvr when i try to change the order of channels. i can change the order in xteve and channdvr by changing the channel numbers, but that is tedious vs drag and move order.

i use m3u4u to edit my channels / order / add / delete. then send to xteve then to channdvr.

or mayby upload your m3u file to m3u4u site. edit the channels and download. then point xteve to that downloaded m3u file.

Its a known issue the xteve developer is looking into it. Thanks for the advice. I have tried both ways you describe but so far not happy with the results.

no worries, your welcome