Channels always use TVE instead of OTA for Recordings

I have a HDHomerun Connect, Dual, and TVE as sources. My problem is that when scheduling a recording. It always picks the TVE source first instead of the free tuners available on the HDHomeruns. This is the way I have it now:

Univision is OTA
ESPN Deportes is TVE
TUDN is TVE
tuners

So it's the same game on 3 different channels. But it always picks the TVE sources before the OTA source. Is there a way to set the DVR so it picks the OTA tuners first. without having to unfavorite the TVE channels?

I think it only does this if the TVE channels you mentioned are checked as favorites.

This is how Channels DVR chooses a channel to record > https://getchannels.com/docs/getting-started/faqs/channels-plus/#how-does-the-dvr-pick-which-tuner-to-use-to-make-a-recording

For a little more info see this thread

I read that but that still doesn't make sense. My HDhomeruns have the channel listed as HD and as a favorite. My TVE source does not have the HD option in the WebUi as far as I can see.

tuners are always tried in the order of priority listed in the DVR.

Where is this priority list?

In the DVR web admin UI.
That determines the recording priority.
The client devices you use have their own priorities that don't affect recordings done by the DVR Server.

All TVE channels are considered HD as far as I know.

Based on numerous searches It seems like I'm not the only one that's confused. I only use 2 client devices and on both the HDhomeruns are listed first.

Can someone post a screnshot as to where I can find it in the Web Ui.

What does that have to do with the way Channels DVR Server chooses a source to record from?

Post a screenshot of yours and I'll point it out.
Here's a hint

Would also help if you can tell us which specific sources these channels are from and give a specific example of a recording since we don't have or know your setup.
Univision is OTA
ESPN Deportes is TVE
TUDN is TVE

You are recording 3 different channels and not 3 of the same channel. I think that may be the problem because the server works with same channel priorities and not the same shows on different channels.

What I meant is that If you do a search for Tuner Priority I'm not the first one that's confused about by this.

You can see on my first post that I posted a screenshot of the same location. So based on your screenshot which source would be used first? Xfinity or Hdhomerun?

Depends on what channels are Favorites and HD.
They need to update their Support docs.
See my ref to this thread.

If I read it verbatim it means;
Go through Tuner Priority list looking for Favorite HD Channel
Go through Tuner Priority list looking for Favorite SD Channel
Go through Tuner Priority list looking for HD Channel
Go through Tuner Priority list looking for SD Channel

2 Likes

What's wrong with "unfavoriting" the TVE channels?

Nothing wrong with it. I just added all the OTA and TVE sources as favorites and had that as my default list for the TV Guide. I wanted to make sure everything was working well with those before unleashing the Pluto Tv source on the family.

Thanks. That clears it up!