Channels and recordings not playing

Having issues with channels dvr not playing our recordings or playing any of the guide channels. I have channels DVR running on an Nvidia shield and Synology DS220. We can access everything via our mobile apps on our phones but when we access it from the nvidia shield, everything opens but when we try to play a program it looks like its going to start but it gets stuck there and looks like its buffering but nothing ever happens. This happens on the library when trying to watch the recordings and also on the guide when selecting channels to watch.

Any ideas as to whats happening and how can i fix it?

Thanks

2 Likes

This sounds like you're using the beta and hitting this issue: Latest beta update v2023.01.05.0043 problem - #16 by jator

We're working on a fix. You can change your Settings > Playback > Video Decoder setting to Software to workaround the bug in the meantime

Thanks. Changing the video decoder setting to software worked. we can view both the recordings and guide channels. Thanks.

Have the same problem for several days and the can't get the workaround to work. Submitted logs and emailed support. I'm running 2023.01.10.0105 now. Is it just me? Any suggestions? Thanks.

You have enabled the experimental setting for HEVC but your computer doesn't support HEVC

That was it. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.