Channels Mac M1 not scaling moving screens

Problem
Starting Channels on

• External screen doesn't scale when moving to M1 screen.
  • M1 screen doesn't scale when moving to External screen.

In both scenarios channels is zoomed seem 2 or 3 times

Anyone else?

You probably have extremely different resolutions set for your screens?
Channels doesn't offer a macOS client, so this seems an issue with the ios emulation.

Thanks.

Just tried to no avail all different resolutions. Same behaviour irrespective of the screen it starts on.

Yes seems an issue with the iOS emulation not expecting to rescale once started.

Love being able to run iOS apps on my M1. Be great to have scaling fixed one day...

Did you try setting the M1 screen to the same resolution as the other screen?

Noticing this as well with a Mac Studio. Channels works perfectly on 1 screen, if I move it over to the other screen running at the same resolution, the emulated 'screen' seems to be zoomed in like 400% to the point where you don't even seen the app UI.

It works pretty flawlessly, but I assume its some emulation issue. I can't figure out how to get it to work on the other screen.

1 Like

If you have Apple TV you can use QuickTime to watch - 💻 QuickTime can record your Apple TV – Finer Things in Tech

I literally came here to ask the same exact question. My solution was simple, just have my iPad next to me on my desk where I watch while working. Not a showstopper, I know the client isn't native Mac so I'll deal with it. Which leads me to now want to develop something to watch Channels on the mac...

In the meantime I’m just using Channels DVR’s webUI on a browser on fhe second screen.

I’m able to watch live TV and any video in any size window, full screen or PIP, without any resizing or zoomed screen issues.

I'm encountering this too and it seems unique to this app (prime video can handle moving screens just fine)

Any possibilities on a fix here?

This has been fixed in latest TestFlight beta.

1 Like