Channels on M1 Mac Mini

Hi, I am running Channels on my M1 MacMini with version 5.5.11 (1.19.2058). The Mac Mini had a HDMI to a projector. All of this works well.

I like to control the Play/Pause/Open App/Escape etc keys via an app (Remote Mouse & Keyboard Pro) which is on my iPad. This allows me to make a template and assign keyboard keys to those buttons. This works well for controlling playback on PLEX and also the HDHomerun playback.

I would like to be able to do this for the Channels: Whole Home DVR which is installed on the MacMini.

The draft template looks like this curently

Is it possible to control Channels App this way?

Thanks
Mike

Looks cool. I'm not sure but I think for that sort of thing to work, the Mac app itself would need to include those keyboard commands, for Remote Mouse & Keyboard Pro to have something to work with. Right now I only know of right, left, play/pause, are others working for you? (Just don't hit p if you're running the TestFlight!)

There was some discussion last month in a different thread about adding more keyboard commands to the iPad app, which is ultimately the same app that's running on our M1 Macs, so any addition or improvement in that regard benefits both platforms. Maybe chime in there and add your voice for support? No Channel surfing? - #5 by maddox

I love seeing different setups and remote controls. I'd also love to see the iPad app be "addressable" in the same way the AppleTV app is, for "Play to your iPad" commands or other remote control solutions. For example I'd love to be able to use a remote app on the iPhone, to navigate Channels running on a Mac or iPad. Your setup of a Mac Mini plugged into a projector is good example. I hope it works out!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.