Channels still sees deleted file after MCEBuddy processing

I'm starting to use MCEBuddy (donator) to remove commercials and encode to 265 mp4, and the MCEBuddy config works fine. It archives the original (temporarily for safety in case I need to rerun), puts the new MP4 file in my Plex folder structure that I want, and then Channels picks up and plays the 265 mp4 file just fine.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to get Channels to not see the old stale reference to the original mpeg recording, because when you click details, it says it's not there anymore.

Also, web UI of Channels shows the 265 video is HD (via icons), app shows non-HD, yet when clicking details in web UI it shows that it's still 1080. Issue with my conversion or Channels not fully support 265 yet? I'm using latest beta build from yesterday.

Channels expects files in its recording database to be managed by Channels itself; if you manually move/delete files Channels doesn't get notified of these changes automatically.

You can force Channels to check if files still exist, and if they don't to remove the references from its recording database. To do this, PUT /dvr/pruner/deleted. For example:

curl -XPUT http://127.0.0.1:8089/dvr/pruner/deleted
1 Like

That did it!

It doesn't look like MCEBuddy supports post processing scripts, but I'll have to look into that. But I can always schedule a task to run. Any other API commands I should run? Like updating the streaming index?

Any ideas on Channels not displaying the correct resolution icon (HD vs 1080) for h.265? Plex sees it as 1080 just fine.

MceBuddy does support post processing scripts.

1. (v.2.3.14+) At the very end of the conversion process after all the files are moved to the destination directory. To do so the first 4 parameters need to be defined for the profile for which a post conversion custom command needs to be run.

PostCustomCommandPath=<Full Path/Relative of the executable>
PostCustomCommandParameters=<Optional parameters to be passed - see below for list>
PostCustomCommandHangPeriod=<0 or +ve number of seconds>
PostCustomCommandCritical=
PostCustomCommandUISession=
PostCustomCommandShowWindow=
PostCustomCommandExitCodeCheck=

Interesting, I couldn't find anything in UI, I'll give that a shot. Only issue would be if I'm batching a bunch of conversions, the update command will run after each conversion upposed to at the end of all of them. But I doubt that'll be a big deal.

Should I update the streaming index too? Is there a list of server API commands? I found an article with API commands, but it appears to only be for clients and not the server.

I stopped having a batch job to autoprune ... I got caught when for some reason my extra external storage drive lost connection ... The prune job ran and put all the recordings in the trash. So now I just run it manually. I caught it before trash expired and recovered them all.

Wow! Yeah, that wouldn't be fun. Although as long as the files were still on the drive it wouldn't be the end of the world, still a pain though.