Check for unmounted drive - any OS - when the Channels database and recordings are located there

This is great info. On the next install I’ll go with a more robust OS. Live and learn.

1 Like

And I love the name!! after I eat my raspberry pihole I’ll need to go on a dietpi

Except, they can't; that's not how things work. That is the whole point of this thread: wanting the app to handle OS-level functions because the user can't be bothered.

I have used software in a Linux OS to mount drives before though. Drive Manager in Mint. Or other disk software in distro like parted magic or others. If they have software that can mount drives, then it can be done. Though i guess, if Channels is not running as a user with proper permissions, then it can't. Either way, u not a Channels dev, and can not speak for them...

Will add, i use the Pi image for Channels DVR, and far as i can tell, it has options for other storage paths. I assume it auto mounts additional drives at boot? I have never needed more than one drive.

So my disabled relative can’t be bothered to get out of a chair and plug back a usb cable cable if it accidentally gets unplugged.
Is that the user you are referring to, or are you referring to me.

I could envision a software watchdog in the code that could check for the absence of its own database. There’s got to be a way to do that. Whether or not that makes sense for the developers to peruse that’s their decision.

Did you read that the title of the thread changed. This isn’t even a Linux issue. It’s a feature request to improve the end user experience independent of the OS.

The thread has evolved.

There is absolutely no need to be so defensive and to project your anger here to me or other people. Please I respect you greatly but please consider using a different kinder tone in your words. It is a permanent record of your anger and suffering projected outward. I have learned that if you don’t bring loving kindness in every word and action you take, you attract crap back into your life. I

I have requested this thread be removed by the developers. It’s a shame because there actually is a lot of useful information here.

I encourage you to take some time to look inward at your own anger towards yourself. Projecting this outward on forums, even if it is unintentional which I think it is in your case - can greatly harm someone else. Either now or in the future.

Be kind.