Chrome Capture for Channels

pretty easy, just do it in command prompt .

Try using your machine’s actual IP address instead of localhost. I have issues using localhost on my setup (never bothered to troubleshoot it), but using the IP works.

OK, what would I use for the CMD arguments for entry

Khaos, I'm only using actual IP. tried the localhost method and I couldn't even get as far as I am now....go figure

Install this in a folder you know where it is

You may need winget, its on the microsoft store.

the 2 winget lines worked and installed
Now my CMD doesn't like the rest

Did you run as admin? Screenshot it.

Just playing with the Dockerfile, I was able to get hardware acceleration working:

Before:

After:

Oh course I don't use this container, I was just curious if there was a way to increase performance. If someone wants to give it a shot, let me know. I'll put up a PR to the main project if works for people

2 Likes

got it further this time

OK, reran, found a typo. but now I'm here:

Can you convert it to work on the install version (I have a custom node.js that is more optimized)?

it should say server started on port 5589 or something like that

right now its doing a chrome capture server listening on port 5589 check

Also, are any of these settings still sub optimal?, Wouldn't it be better to do hardware on everything encoding/ etc... Also is there any way to get 60fps working or only 30?

Could you just post a new version of this on github with my newer js file? - Its still a work in progress but still.

I think Vulkan support would be nice, maybe have a forked one that has that support?

looks like it's stuck on the port listening

reboot, and then go back into folder and do node main.js

AFAIK, the changes I made wouldn't do anything to help the installed version since those use localized versions of Chrome/Chromium, and having hardware acceleration on those should be more automatic

I added them on the node.js file ^ I posted mine above, it says it has hardware acceleration on already, so I dont think that will help people with sub 8 threads. Any luck on actually getting 60fps to work? I set it in several instances on the main.js file but no luck.

Of course not having them all would be ideal, but even my Chrome on linux isn't that much better:

I'd have to spend some time playing with launch arguments and even then we're still going to be limited by using a "fake" X11. I'd have to keep playing with it to see what's the best we can get to

1 Like