Clean Setup - too much smarts?

Now that Collections are here, I no longer need the highly customized versions of my Channels DVR instances.

• I uninstalled Channels DVR (no recordings were on the computer) and deleted the channles-dvr software folder.
  • I deleted the database but left the directory structure on the file system (I had TV and Movie imports)
  • I installed Channels DVR and I did not do a restore (clean install)
  • I started the setup of the DVR

While configuring Sources, I noticed the status running and it was scanning the imports folder, even though I had not configured imports. The Movies and TV imports directories were not empty, and still had the imports on the file system.

While not a horrible issue, it seems something else is controlling the import scanning despite the configuration for imports being empty.

Is the "Imports" folder under the DVR now part of the default? Is not not necessary to configure Imports when the directory is at the same level as the TV and Movies folders? It's possible I missed something as it's been a while since I reinstalled the software.

Yes. The imports directory is automatically scanned. It’s set this way so all you have to do is put things inside it without having to add it to imports.

1 Like

Does this work with symlinks on Windows 10?

I created a symlink in the data\imports\tv folder to a folder containing a series. So far nothing has appeared and I see nothing in the log about scanning the folder. If I force an import source scan it goes back to idle almost instantly.

It would be better to just add that directory to your TV imports.

Your files are not moved, they are referenced.

Sorry, bit of a Channels newby - what is Collections?