Commercial Detection for In-Process Recordings (Catch-up to live broadcast - especially useful for live sports/events)

I do not see any commercial markers.... Got markers after show ended. Prime time if a new release comes out cannot test.

1 Like

This is fantastic. Thank you for taking the time to add this feature. I’m looking forward to testing it!

2 Likes

I will add live updates to Smart Detection next.

2 Likes

One thing I would like to see when watching a long show with Live Comskip is the ability to process the other recordings as they finish one by one. I was watching AGT it was running detection even though It had no markers ... but the smaller 1/2 hr shows were still waiting to be detected. They sat waiting for 2 hours to be processed. Live detection takes minimal CPU.

1 Like

Sort of side question: If I used the API to set live_tv to 1, how do I remove that change? The DELETE verb doesn't seem to work. I'd like to go back to default instead of changing it to 0.

1 Like

Use the same process you used to add it: PUT /api/comskip/ini/live_tv/0.

3 Likes

As I mentioned:

That is the default.

DELETE /api/comskip/ini/live_tv.

3 Likes

Thanks ... I caught a little bit of hell why other shows when they ended were not comskipped ... Because I was watching AGT live and it was processing comskip so no other shows got comskipped for that 2 hour period.

1 Like

For me the endpoint is at http://IP:8089/comskip/ini/live_tv

But thank you, I was doing DELETE /comskip/ini/live_tv/ and getting no response.

Currently, but if I lock it to 0 and that default is changed in the future then I'm no longer going to be on the default setting.

For anyone using the API to make changes to the comskip ini settings, you may want to look at this post so you know which settings cannot be overridden and how to view the settings you made.

1 Like

With the next build, live commercial detection will happen separately from the regular ones so they're not blocked.

3 Likes

Comskip is not used at all with Smart Detect. But the results for the smart detector are now also live, regardless of the checkbox.

No it is not run again, since that would be slow for sports and presumably you already watched the program.

With the next prerelease there are two queues: one for the old post-process detector, and a new queue for live processing. The live processor allows two simultaneous detections.

The live detection results are used and a regular post-processing detection run is skipped.

1 Like

I updated to 2022.09.15.0201 on Linux. Turned on "Start live detection when watching in-progress recording". Started watching a recorded 1-hour show about 25 minutes after it started. Server Activity shows " Detecting live commercials in The Price Is Right S50E166 2022-05-16 2022-09-15-1000.mpg" But commercials still play. Am I missing something? Thanks.

What device are you watching on? Did commercials appear marked on the timeline?

1 Like

Watching on Chromecast with google tv. No commercial marking in the timeline.

2 Likes

Did not work for me also using FireTV .. same thing commercials were not skipped ... nor did they appear in timeline. Turned it off as it also held up other recordings from being comskipped.

Using Linux UBUNTU server.

1 Like

Same here on Shield. No markers no skip.

Fix coming in next beta APK

4 Likes