Commercial skipping - is there a way to auto skip commercials during playback?

I would implore you to utilize the first 30 days being free to try everything out for yourself to see if it fits your scenario. No one can really answer questions this personal.

Just install it and try it out. If it doesn’t fit, cancel without paying anything.

1 Like

Hi maddox and thank you for answering my basic question of can Channels/Comskip control an alternate source of video in real time during TV commercials. I believe that I am not unique in watching TV in real time with cable and other sources including OTA. I also believe that many don't employ these TV sources BECAUSE of commercials. My goal was to find a product that would enable inserting an external video source during commercial time for TV viewers. The Channels "community" quickly provided the information that "real time" commercial substitution isn't possible. I would expect that if consumers had a "super computer" dedicated for the task, the commercial start/stop recognition time could be considerably reduced to be more practical for the purpose. Although I sincerely appreciate your offer, I'll continue use my $30 commercial substitution device which works 100% of the time for real time or recorded programming. In the meantime, please continue your efforts with this since nobody I know likes TV commercials.

Channels app cannot do this. You would be better suited looking for other options.

Some of us were probably thrown by you referring to what you want as commercial skipping -- which has a particular meaning to this community. I.E. jumping over a commercial as if it was never there. Only possible of course with recordings.

Commercial substitution or blocking, would be another thing. It's an interesting concept, and certainty preferable to watching commercials, but not part of Channels DVR.

Another way to look at it though, is you could watch the content that would be inserted during commercial breaks before watching a recording of a news show, and then watch the news once it's been processed for commercials.

Having said that, if you're happy with what you have, then why switch?

Commercials should be also skipped when watch live - when commercial is detected it should automatically switch to another channel - let's do "Youtube TV Zen" 24/7 :slight_smile: