Comskip with Harmony remote

I use a Logitech Harmony 350 (cheap one) to control my environment including my apple TV. For some reason, when I double tap the skip forward button on the harmony it doesn’t skip through the commercials (commercials are detected) it just skips forward slightly twice. When I do the same exact thing with the apple remote, it skips the entire commercial sequence and starts the show again. I doubt this is a bug with the software, more likely a bug with harmony or apple tv. But has anyone else run into this or have any ideas how to fix? I hate the little apple TV remote because I constantly lose it.

I’m not sure if the 350 has this option, but check what your IR/Keypress (not sure the exact term) delay is. If it’s too long, then it won’t work. Channels basically watches for the key press, and if it happens twice within a certain short period, it will trigger the skip.

We’re also working on some things to allow more of your remote keys to work. But it’s not ready yet. So definitely check your delay. It might just generally make using the remote feel better too.

Thank you! I will check that this evening.

dunno if you guys have exposure to the harmony hub + keyboard but that’s what i’m using. the arrow keys on the keyboard seem to correspond with left/right clicks on the appletv remote, but we very regularly get “out of control” when trying to skip commercials; end up going past the mark forward, then back, etc.

if you add more remote buttons can you publish them? the harmony hub is pretty versatile and can be taught lots of codes.

I got it working correctly. Thanks!

This has been added in 2.1.17: Expanded Media Keys for IR Remotes

That’s probably why it started working for me! Thanks Guys!