Consultant Needed

Hello to all. I have been using ChannelsDVR for probably a year or so, via Nvidia Shield, on 2 TVs in different areas of the house. I have TVE via Hulu+ and an outdoor antenna via HDHomeRun. I also have a Tablo connected to the antenna with its own USB drive connected to it, also storage connected to one of the Shields and also to HDHomerun, which seems redundant.

The admins here have been a huge help, but I do need some one on one help adding Pluto, adding the Tablo tuner, and optimizing how all of this works together, rather than recording the same things in more than one location. I am an escapee from TiVo, and have a couple of TiVO DVRs with a significant amount of recordings stored on them, and would love to integrate that programming with everything else. While I try to follow the discussions here, most are beyond my limited comprehension of the tech.

I need advice on how to accomplish this, and also the benefit of the tech expertise regarding the nuts and bolts of how to get it functional.

Is there someone here who would be willing to consult in order to help me to accomplish the above ? I am not expecting a freebee, willing to pay for the needed expertise and hand-holding.

This one is fairly straightforward. Add a Custom Channel that looks like this:

If you don't have a server for running docker, I'd skip the Tablo integration. The HDHomerun natively connects to Channels DVR, so that is a simpler setup for over-the-air TV.

1. Download and install KMTTG

2. Use KMTTG to download all of your recordings on your TiVO to a local machine, making sure to convert to an MP4 or similar format (anything but ".tivo").

3. Move the files to a folder on your Shield (assuming you have an external HD attached to that, too) and follow the directions as shown below for naming and folder structures:

1. Expose that directory in your Channels settings, similar to this:

1. Let Channels discover the files and then correct any metadata misses:

For Pluto, I would recommend changing the settings to "Ignore channel number from M3U" and "Refresh Every 1 Hour". Also, if you using nocords.xyz, be sure to drop that consulting fee to @HankLloydRight through PayPal or BuyMeACoffee.

1 Like

When you select "ignore channel number from M3U," what strategy does Channels use to set the channel number?

Starting at I believe 9200, the next available number as new channels are added.

And remember, Channel numbers are largely irrelevant when you have Channel Collections and can have them manually ordered or auto-populated by rules:

Thank you !!! Pluto now operational.... !!!

Thanks. I agree that HDHomerun is easy and it works, I just happen to really like the Tablo interface much more, and have many recordings on its HD.

Thank you ! I have a friend who is going to come over this weekend and we are going to try this..... !!