Custom tag to avoid recording shows from the ATSC 3.0 channels

Disable the ATSC 3.0 channels in Channels DVR web page. After you do this you might have to sync Client Channels.

1 Like

Settings >> Passes >> Advanced

Channel < 100

1 Like

That only helps in already created passes not when you hit record or create pass from guide best is to disable the channels.

2 Likes

Also, when did the location of advanced pass editing change? I just had a devil of a time finding it.

1 Like

3.0 channels are necessary for me since that's the only way I can get the Cincinnati channels here. Typically, I rely on the Dayton, Ohio 1.0 channels even though I'm 45 miles away, only 20 something from Cincinnati.

Terrain issues, but I also have performance issues with the 3.0 channels like the original poster does.

2 Likes

I have problems with fox 12.1 so I disabled 12.1 and enabled 112.1.

4 Likes

So it's not as simple as selecting "record" from the intended channel yet? I've had this issue because the listings are the same, I was hoping by now manual recordings would simply record the channel selected instead of a crapshoot whether it would record one or the other no matter how I initiated it.

2 Likes

Yeah it is still a crapshoot it will record from the favored channel. I select to record from a specific channel in the guide, it should use that channel. But this also has a problem as all tuners might be in use and it will not fallback to TVE.

So I prefer favoring Channels and Un favoring so everything runs smoothly.

2 Likes

Middletown? If so, me too! Well, live in Cbus, but from Middletown :slight_smile:

WOW!! Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm going to attempt to use Channel < 100 and see... I may wind up blocking the 100x channels entirely, but I still tune to them from time to time to test.

Pass editing has been merged into a single modal.

1 Like

If I go to DVR Passes and try to create a new advanced Pass nothing happens.

Nah, Fairfield.

2 Likes

Try the latest build that just went up. Things are changing around this.

Edit: Nope! It's broke. BRB.

Edit 2: OK, the new build hasn't landed yet, that's what's going on.

1 Like

A reply here thats actually a question.

Ive got an HDHomeRun Flex4k. I also may want the option, as the original poster pointed out, to ignore atsc 3.0. Its currently not an issue for me as it isnt in my area yet.

However, if and when it does become available, is there a way to force ALL the HDHomeRun flex tuners to atsc 1.0 only, not necessarily doing this within channels, but perhaps in the HDHomeRun web setup pages.

1 Like

No, only way to do that would be to hide the 4K channels on the HDHR web interface

1 Like

Thanks. If i hide the ALL the 4k channels on the HDHomeRun flex, which was my first thought, will it free up the 2 atsc 3 tuners for use as a atsc 1 tuners?

Its not an urgent issue, as I cant think of the last time ive recorded 4 OTA broadcast channels simultaneously - due to the lack of OTA good programming these days.

2 Likes

Yes. (Even without disabling the ATSC3 channels, those 2 tuners can still tune ATSC1.)

1 Like

I spent an hour or so Friday evening tinkering with the latest beta Android client with the latest Win10 server beta installed.

Lots of new goodies jumped out at me. Especially being able to select the guide row grid cell to the far left with the channel name/number. Was a bit disappointed at what it shows, for me showing that channel's chronological lineup would be great, appears to now show highlights of what is upcoming on that channel.

It also appears I can now "fast forward" in time in the grid guide to scan what's on in the future, which on my Shield Pro client has been useless for as long as I've used Channels. Now seems to be fixed.

Thanks devs, nice to see Android TV get some attention.

2 Likes

That is the On Later feature that was Apple-only before: