Discovery Channels have stopped working again

Today I woke up to notice that all of the Discovery Channel recordings failed overnight. The error message is: Failed: could not start stream on channels=[6114 ]: TVE: Cable provider authentication failed

I can watch just fine on a browser, and "update password" didn't seem to help either.

I'm on Spectrum. Did this happen to anyone else overnight?

1 Like

Just tried it with my Hulu. It seemed to take a long time to authenticate the channel. But it did come up for me.

No issue with YTTV authentication.

I am on Spectrum and no issues here. I did just test Discovery after seeing your post and it took about 45 seconds to load, but it did authorized and finally play.

Using Xfinity.
I've been getting failures authenticating the Magnolia channel for recordings lately.

Appears to be Channels DVR is timing out waiting for something and aborts the recording.
[TVE] action=wait_for_interstitial err=timeout

If I then view the channel Live, Channels DVR will authenticate without errors.

1 Like

Same for me and Cox. However, after I did one station everything went quickly again.

Looks like my next Discovery-family recording is scheduled for Sunday. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Thank you guys so much for confirming that everything is still working for you. Since I’ve been through this before, I thought maybe they were having technical difficulties with Disco again.

Here’s how I solved it:

1. I removed Spectrum from the sources.
  2. I logged out of Spectrum from the browser.
  3. I reset my Spectrum password.
  4. I re-added Spectrum as a source.

Then bam… Bob’s your uncle! All is seeming to be working again, except for the NFL Channel, which is a separate issue.

And for those who are wondering about the password reset, it just didn’t work without that step.

Not sure if it's the same with Cox, but my Xfinity Discovery channels re-auth every 7-8 days.

Tell me about it... :sob:

Oh wait, you did!

I'm failing on Frontier FIOS, but this started 2 days ago. Was able to get YouTubeTV to authenticate discovery. Haven't fought FIOS yet to get it working again.

1 Like

Forgot to come back and say that there are no issues from Sunday's recording; looks like is started right when it was supposed to with no hiccups in the first few seconds that I can see.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.